5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little Dinged Up

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like like somebody dragged something along my truck. 😞 anybody know if this plastic piece can be restored probably replaced easily? And can I trust a dealer to remove the scratches on the paint?

Attachments

• 20210104_151547.jpg
    20210104_151547.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20210104_151553.jpg
    20210104_151553.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 141

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The paint looks easy to buff out. You may even by able to do it yourself with some cleaner wax like Meguiar's. The plastic fenders look like mine after a light day on the trail. Try washing them first, then using 303 Aerospace to hide the scratches. Using a heat gun also helps minimize the scratched appearance on plastic pieces.

If it still doesn't look good enough for you, then you can simply order another one from the parts department. They are relatively cheap and easy to replace, especially since they are unpainted. They are attached with screws and plastic fasteners, won't take you longer than 20 minutes if you take your time. Just don't tighten the inner fender bolts with a socket wrench, use a hand driver and don't over torque them.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The fender flair is easy to replace yourself and does not look like it can be "fixed". I agree that paint looks like you can polish and buff it out yourself.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Like like somebody dragged something along my truck. 😞 anybody know if this plastic piece can be restored probably replaced easily? And can I trust a dealer to remove the scratches on the paint?
Dang. Sorry to hear.

Fender flare: Scratches should come off with light sanding. I’d try a 600 wet sanding on a small part and see what happens. Even a magic eraser may work if the scratches are not that deep. On the rear panel, some X2 scratch remover should polish that out. If you were closer I’d swing by and help you out as I have every product known to man to fix these, but it’s a long drive from TX to NY ;)

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Looks too random for something deliberate. Maybe the car wash you just went through. Either way, sucks.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang. Sorry to hear.

Fender flare: Scratches should come off with light sanding. I’d try a 600 wet sanding on a small part and see what happens. Even a magic eraser may work if the scratches are not that deep. On the rear panel, some X2 scratch remover should polish that out. If you were closer I’d swing by and help you out as I have every product known to man to fix these, but it’s a long drive from TX to NY ;)
That would be quite the roadtrip...if I came down that way I would probably want to stay!

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No matter what you end up doing, it's just maddening as all get out to find some idiot damaged your truck and then left. Good luck to you.
Agreed...I really don't go many places and park and with the road salt these days I am sure I didn't notice it right away. Hurts my eyes just looking at it...uuuugh.

Users who are viewing this thread