5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Window Trim

Chado20

Reaction score
Getting rid of all chrome on my Limited and purchased the black widow molding to replace chrome molding. Can someone please tell me where to find removal and installation instructions? I’ve searched high and low and cannot find anything.

Chado20

Reaction score
Nope. Wrapping I was quoted $275 (I’m in Florida as well Tampa). I bought all four windows $241 and will never have to replace when the wrap starts peeling.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here you go:

Attachments

• 23 - Body:Door - Front:MOLDING, Door Belt, Outer:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALL...pdf
    188.1 KB · Views: 678
  • 23 - Body:Doors - Rear:MOLDING, Door Belt, Outer:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALL...pdf
    193.3 KB · Views: 436

Chado20

Reaction score
For resale you might wish you'd have wrapped them. I'm figuring the originals will get damaged removing them to the point of being unusable.
There will not be one piece of chrome left on my Limited, so just keeping those makes zero sense.

Maple

Reaction score
Here you go:

That's interesting, it seems like it's able to be reinstalled. I recently had to get a quote for bodywork (door ding, ended up using PDR) and two shops told me that it had to be replaced because it was single use (taped on), not removed and then reinstalled. To the tune of about $400.

Chado20

Reaction score
That's interesting, it seems like it's able to be reinstalled. I recently had to get a quote for bodywork (door ding, ended up using PDR) and two shops told me that it had to be replaced because it was single use (taped on), not removed and then reinstalled. To the tune of about $400.
Check Avondale Automotive on EBay, Josh can get you a great price on most everything.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yep. Pretty straight forward. They will pop back in.

Maple

Reaction score
Check Avondale Automotive on EBay, Josh can get you a great price on most everything.
Thanks, will keep them in mind - luckily the PDR guy was great, can't even tell there was a problem.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. Wrapping I was quoted $275 (I’m in Florida as well Tampa). I bought all four windows $241 and will never have to replace when the wrap starts peeling.

I wrapped mine but it was 80.00 which he regretted quoting. You made the right choice for sure, and I may end up that route in a year. Curious about the grille, can you PM me about that or go into more detail on this post? Did you take apart or are they doing it and the price?

Chado20

Reaction score
I wrapped mine but it was 80.00 which he regretted quoting. You made the right choice for sure, and I may end up that route in a year. Curious about the grille, can you PM me about that or go into more detail on this post? Did you take apart or are they doing it and the price?
Didn’t take apart the grille, just dropped the truck off. Having all the chrome around on grille painted to match Ivory and the center portion with the holes painted black. Also having door handles and tailgate handle painted Ivory to match.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn’t take apart the grille, just dropped the truck off. Having all the chrome around on grille painted to match Ivory and the center portion with the holes painted black. Also having door handles and tailgate handle painted Ivory to match.

Would you mind sharing how much that is costing you?

Users who are viewing this thread