5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Air ride

Topsella40

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware that the top 2 height levels with the air ride get lowered automatically when you go over 30mph… I’m disappointed with that…is there any overide to be done so I have full control of height regardless of speed????

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes.

The height of the truck changes the canter (I think is what its called) of your wheels.

Essentially if you go up or down you ride on the inside and outside of your tires respectively.

If you were driving 75mph in off road 2 you would be putting a lot more wear on the outside of your tires, driving in entry-exit would wear the inside.

You CAN make adjustments to the air suspension settings, I think you could make normal similar to off-road1, but you would want to get an alignment or spaces or somehting I don't know, I just know it will wear the tires and can drive funky.

Someone else will likely chime in and explain better then me.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
use airlinks or revel links and raise/ level it a bit if u need. but be warned the ride is rougher and bouncy. recently installed the air links front and rear and if i ride in off road 2 i bounce like a low rider and in normal mode its very harsh. aero is the best ride as far as comfort.

or invest in a full air ride lift kit that will be the best route to go but costly!

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. I’d like to lift the truck, but I have the air suspension which is really a smooth ride and I have no issues with it, other than for looks. From what I’ve seen and read, I’d have to uninstall the air suspension, install the lift kit, then install some coils and shocks.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. I’d like to lift the truck, but I have the air suspension which is really a smooth ride and I have no issues with it, other than for looks. From what I’ve seen and read, I’d have to uninstall the air suspension, install the lift kit, then install some coils and shocks.
i beleive there is a lift kit for air ride, some sort of spacers, someone here in this forum talk about it but dont remember who

and you would be able to retain the air suspension fonction and confort

Sportznut

Reaction score
Daystar Spacers with Revel links.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes.

The height of the truck changes the canter (I think is what its called) of your wheels.

Essentially if you go up or down you ride on the inside and outside of your tires respectively.

If you were driving 75mph in off road 2 you would be putting a lot more wear on the outside of your tires, driving in entry-exit would wear the inside.

You CAN make adjustments to the air suspension settings, I think you could make normal similar to off-road1, but you would want to get an alignment or spaces or somehting I don't know, I just know it will wear the tires and can drive funky.

Someone else will likely chime in and explain better then me.
Actually there two settings that you are changing. Caster and camber. Camber is the change you are referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread