5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited 4WD test

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Urban off roading. Of course, my mind is asking, “why?” I’d hate to be the guy who buys that truck off the lot.

Last edited:

RT70808

Reaction score
I imagine not because I kept waiting for that test to be dominated with no rear wheel spin. Disappointment.
Also disappointing to see it with mall crawler 22”s and no rubber, they should have shot it with a ORP equipped truck with meaty 20’s.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Urban off roading. Of course, my mind is asking, “why?”

Because it's an excellent illustration/demonstration of the various driving modes, in a consistent, repeatable setting, i.e. with the surface remaining largely intact and the same (or very similar) for each of the many times the tests were repeated. If it was soft dirt out in the wilds, the test could not be repeated, because the soil would loosen up more with each pass.

These short, off-camber climbs were well-chosen, and carefully and consistently driven, and provide a lot of good information about how this truck handles difficult terrain when various wheels come off the ground.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because it's an excellent illustration/demonstration of the various driving modes, in a consistent, repeatable setting, i.e. with the surface remaining largely intact and the same (or very similar) for each of the many times the tests were repeated. If it was soft dirt out in the wilds, the test could not be repeated, because the soil would loosen up more with each pass.

These short, off-camber climbs were well-chosen, and carefully and consistently driven, and provide a lot of good information about how this truck handles difficult terrain when various wheels come off the ground.

Just need to find similar paving to road test my own with eLocker!

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Reading the comments of the youtube video, it appears this was a 3.21 without the ORG and with no LSD and if it had the e-locker, it was not engaged. They were purely testing the TSC. The whining you hear was apparently the brakes, trying to send power from the spinning wheels to the ones with traction.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Agree fully. It did amazingly well, even in 2WD. I have the exact same truck except for color and I have anti-slip diff.

Vettethret

Reaction score
Agree fully. It did amazingly well, even in 2WD. I have the exact same truck except for color and I have anti-slip diff.

I just picked up my loaded Laramie last night. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Anti Spin diff and the e locker? Dodges website said they both lock the diff. Coming from only Jeep Rubicon, this is new to me?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up my loaded Laramie last night. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Anti Spin diff and the e locker? Dodges website said they both lock the diff. Coming from only Jeep Rubicon, this is new to me?
The antispin engages with wheelspin. It is automatic and involves no input.

The eLocker you must engage the button.

Both have pros and cons.

Plenty of threads on them.

Really boils down to personal preference and what your truck has.

Vettethret

Reaction score
The antispin engages with wheelspin. It is automatic and involves no input.

The eLocker you must engage the button.

Both have pros and cons.

Plenty of threads on them.

Really boils down to personal preference and what your truck has.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread