5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited 22s on Bighorn

JMIngrodi

Reaction score
Hi guys. New here and my first post. Im not sure if this topic has been covered (sorry if it has) but Im still learning how to navigate the site.

Im hoping to be able to add stock limited 22s (with stock lownprofile tire size) to a stock big horn (which comes with 20s) without modification.
Is this possible or do I need to lift and or add spacers?
Thanks for any advice / help!.

riveralg79

Reaction score
4ef496a6798cad61fb8eff8b5918353f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Big Jim Swade

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but do the Limited's that came with 22's have different / larger front hubs/bearings than the Bighorns that came with 20's? I am thinking of adding the 22's from a Limited also.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but do the Limited's that came with 22's have different / larger front hubs/bearings than the Bighorns that came with 20's? I am thinking of adding the 22's from a Limited also.

No.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aren’t the 22’s a larger wheel bearing than the 18 and 20 inch equipped trucks? I remember a few threads regarding this topic.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Aren’t the 22’s a larger wheel bearing than the 18 and 20 inch equipped trucks? I remember a few threads regarding this topic.

I believe he was asking if the hub size is different because he wants to put 22's from a Limited on his Big Horn. The hub size is the same. I know that because my Laramie came from the factory with 22's and I put OEM Rebel 18's on it for winter.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
but do the Limited's that came with 22's have different / larger front hubs/bearings than the Bighorns that came with 20's?
I believe he was asking if the hub size is different because he wants to put 22's from a Limited on his Big Horn. The hub size is the same. I know that because my Laramie came from the factory with 22's and I put OEM Rebel 18's on it for winter.
He did mention bearings in his post, which got me thinking about it.
Jus saying…😁🤜🏾

mplaramie

Reaction score
He did mention bearings in his post, which got me thinking about it.
Jus saying…😁🤜🏾
I had some confusion about this too. When I bought my BDS lift (still in box), they asked about rim size. The 22's had a larger knuckle I think vs standard. 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread