5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limit volume at startup

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone found the option to limit/reset the volume level on a cold start?
I'm worried I'm going to blow my speakers or ear drums out during the winter because I forget to turn the volume down at shut down.

Other cars I've had almost always had the open to limit the volume to a lower level on startup but the option seems oddly missing on the Ram.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen that option on any of my Rams . It would be nice though .

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I guess this has never been an issue for me. I listen to my music at a level that I can still hear others talking, sirens screaming, cars honking, etc... :)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I guess this has never been an issue for me. I listen to my music at a level that I can still hear others talking, sirens screaming, cars honking, etc... :)
I listen to heavy metal and rap loud enough to not need ANC that other people keep talking up about. I also have a Borla Atak exhaust so i'm the other side of "quiet"

I drive a lot for work so i'm generally by self in my truck so if I can hear others talking i'm doing something seriously wrong.

But I don't like getting in my truck and blowing my ear drums out on a cold start, or blowing the speakers that are cold from sitting overnight and haven't had time to warm up.

I guess it's just a pipe dream. I'm honestly shocked Ram doesn't have this feature considering so many others does and Ram seems to let you customize a lot on their trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online