5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light shake far apart hemi

sman301

Reaction score
my truck with about 300 miles have very suddle shake when in park. It not a vibration but very suddle shakes randomly far apart. Almost feel like a light wind gust blowing on the truck randomly and far apart. Is this normal for hemi? I never had a hemi before.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have that and a “ Star “ case has been opened by my dealer with FCA.

sman301

Reaction score
I dont have the stop/start. Is there cylinder deactivation when the truck is in park?

Garys35

Reaction score
my truck with about 300 miles have very suddle shake when in park. It not a vibration but very suddle shakes randomly far apart. Almost feel like a light wind gust blowing on the truck randomly and far apart. Is this normal for hemi? I never had a hemi before.

Garys35

Reaction score
Sman301
I have the same problem ,and my truck has 1500 miles on it . It is very annoying like the rpm's are too low or something. I tried different octane gas to see
what would happen, but the engine still has a shake to it . I going to the dealer for an oil change in a couple of weeks, so am going to have them check it.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds to be a very random misfire. Get that check out as porboy is/has been doing, peeps. That is not of norm

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be on misfire counts, if it’s witech or mode 6. if anyone is close to active dealer involved with the issue drive it up to them and don’t shut truck down. yes, should be stored but if very random, “little” non driving misfires & not enough fails to stay/stick if you will. a restart may/usually clears them.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are any of you sure that your ac compressor is not just cycling on and off. It will drag rpm's down when it loads the system. Could be that simple. Especially if you are using "Auto" to run your HVAC. Pop your hood and watch the ac compressor, you'll see it when it kicks on.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^good point. I will say on mine I don’t actually feel compressor kick on or off. I will make a point of paying more attention tomorrow on that and get back.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
If this is occurring at idle, it's been something I've noticed in every Hemi I've ever owned or been in. Intermittent shake that almost felt like a misfire. My Jeep did it, the RAM does it, the Charger R/T did it. I think it's just some normal symptoms of some imbalance with the design of the engine.

stonereign

Reaction score
Posting here too...

Hey I have a 2019 Bighorn 5.7 that has done this since I drove it off the lot. Took it to dealer 3 times, last time they replaced the ECU. After a drive cycle, misfires come back in Mode6 data. Short term fuel trims while idle are -15 on bank 2 and -10 on bank 1. When crusing and driving normal, its as close to zero as can be. I have no idea why the ECU thinks it needs to run lean like this at idle. Only thing that helped was disconnecting both upstream O2 sensors, ECU runs open loop and idle is fine. Reconnect and it went away until a drive cycle or two, mode6 misfires show and Short Term Fuel Trim back to -15 on bank2. There has to be a PCM update that can help with this, its really annoying. I get the HEMI is a big V8 and can shake, this is like bucking and missing. Anyone get any progress with a service dept or STAR case?

Users who are viewing this thread