5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light Frost Beige / Mountain Brown

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are these bad pictures or does it look like this in person? Truck not to far from me, has everything I'm after - but it's the wrong interior color! After back to back to back black interiors...not sure I can swing the light frost beige / mountain brown....

rAoLOTz.png

5gbfzP8.png

J

jimh4662@

Well don't go with the Laramie longhorn then. Because they have two choices. The other is worse. I went with this color. It's better in person. For some reason some pictures make the leather look plastic.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
Well don't go with the Laramie longhorn then. Because they have two choices. The other is worse. I went with this color. It's better in person. For some reason some pictures make the leather look plastic.
You'll have to post pictures when yours arrives.

J

jimh4662@

If you start looking at dealers website, the 2019 with mountain brown, would give you the idea that there is a dozen shades of mountain brown. It's strange. But when I looked at one live it settles down on contrast.

D

Deleted member103

My experience with Leather furnishings is limited to home items, but the Principle is the same ! One should realize that NO 2 COWS are the SAME ! Or any other Source Animal . Even when "heavily stained" it is the Actual Color of the Animals Hide that will still impart its effect ! Remember it's a Stain, not a Paint Cover-up ! Although some of this "stuff" IF IDENTICAL, from one DT to another, sure would imply a very heavy coating thus eliminating ANY "individuality" from one seat to an other ! I wonder what process RAM uses ? Any clues ?

J

jimh4662@

I'm thinking these interiors were decided years ago. Contracted out, seats produced and stored ready to be built. We forget because of mass production its not a weekly (I'll need 2000 more mountain brown) and supplier says (ok get them right out to you) I can't figure out why the two tone? . Such a contrast on interior design. There is always an angle though. Maybe just maybe let's say the seat supplier says I got tons of cream dyed beef hydes. I'll let you have them for X amount. We'll mix it with mountain brown. Cut your cost. Who cares what owners want give them two choices. That's it. But of course Then maybe a whole gaggle of Lady Gaga types got together and came up with the Pretty!

D

Deleted member103

jimh4662@ said:
I'm thinking these interiors were decided years ago. Contracted out, seats produced and stored ready to be built. We forget because of mass production its not a weekly (I'll need 2000 more mountain brown) and supplier says (ok get them right out to you) I can't figure out why the two tone? . Such a contrast on interior design. There is always an angle though. Maybe just maybe let's say the seat supplier says I got tons of cream dyed beef hydes. I'll let you have them for X amount. We'll mix it with mountain brown. Cut your cost. Who cares what owners want give them two choices. That's it. But of course Then maybe a whole gaggle of Lady Gaga types got together and came up with the Pretty!
SERIOUSY ? . . . ?
1f606.png

1f914.png

1f606.png
! I'm picturing your scenario deep within the creases of my brain . . . and I see English Monks bargaining with the peasants ! Gotta agree though on 1 point -- the vast difference of the 2 colors with the Cream colored sitting area, yuk ! No putting Grandma's clear plastic covers on these !
1f606.png

1f914.png

263a.png
!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting take on the interior. They are about $1500 too high on pricing to match what I have now...but needs to be about $2,000 less for me to jump and they say there is no more $$$ in the deal to be had. I guess I won't be seeing it in person.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will say the light interior looks better in person...

AmL3nLj.jpg

PoIkyQs.jpg

rIZd9ri.jpg

I found my build, adding 3.92s and the bed utility group, in stock. So very tempting since my build is still in prison (D1) with no ETA.

Bacoviah

Reaction score
mine have the brown and loving it. Always had black before.

alow

Reaction score
I ordered the brown in a black forest green truck so hopefully that works well. I wanted a lighter interior so we'll see.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
I had originally ordered mine with the Brown, but then called and switched to the black. I love the two-toned seats, but the dash color was just too much brown. If the seats were as is, and they used a black dash instead, that would be classy. The brown dash seems dull, and non exciting, but the seats are beautiful. I went with black because I was getting the bench seat, and felt there was just too much brown if I didn't get the center console.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
I know you're looking at a Laramie. FWIW, I can say that my wife and I greatly preferred the black/new saddle interior of the Longhorn to the light brown/mountain brown version. I posted a few interior pics of mine here.
Yes... The black/New Saddle is a much nicer looking set-up than the light brown/mountain brown. Glad I switched to black before the vehicle was assigned a VIN.

Ram204

Reaction score
In my case, the last two trucks I've owned have had black interiors which I think are nice. However, I need a change. In my opinion the mountain brown light frost looks better on the trucks I have seen on the lots than it does in the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread