5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling kit issue?

Levesquepl

Reaction score
Hi! Im new to trucks, installed a 2.5” leveling kit (spacer) this weekend. After 5-10 miles of driving received 2 warning codes (see attached files), 4WD still works.
Then a day later clunking started. Everything is tight!!
Debating on leaving the kit on or taking it off and would love some feedback.

Alignement is way off, have an appointment in a few days.

- I suspect the warning codes are due to alignment being off? Any clues?
- Does the leveling kit make all the front end parts wear a lot more prematurely than they should?

Attachments

• 2C509ACB-CED7-4BD3-BCA5-9C86BC7FFE00.jpeg
    2C509ACB-CED7-4BD3-BCA5-9C86BC7FFE00.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 75

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't advise on the code
in regards to the clunk, can you post if your truck has the off road package or not - if it has it, it already had 1" lift from factory plus 2.5" that's a total of 3.5" lift
It might be your uca's hitting the spring

Diesel123

Reaction score
Well I had installed my spacer level kit last year. Started to develop a clunk on drivers front side past month or so . Sounded / felt like spring binding and releasing every once in a while. Lubed up everything on the front end and see if i could see /feel anything - tried to rotate front springs with front end lifted by no luck.
Well the lube added to all the joints made it much worse ….. clunking on almost any bump / turn.

Doing some digging online , went out to check on the sway bar links, as I only removed the drivers side I think when installing the spacer lift kit last year.
Well with a 18mm wrench and 8mm socket I got a couple of turns on the drivers side link. Passenger side solid tight.

Noise is gone now for me for a week now - so sway bar link tightening solved my clunking.

Users who are viewing this thread