5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

level or lift

Cgrinnell

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new here but recently bought a 2021 Bighorn Crew, Built to serve edition. I took the factory tires off, and put Wild peak's 35 inch tires under it. Looks awesome. Still ahs a 2 inch forward rake (measured). It has the off road group on it so has the 1 inch factory lift. Happy with the rear height. I am looking to put leveling kit on it, not sure whose to use? and size? Do not want it higher in the front at all, would love for it to just sit level. Was considering the 2 inch Mopar lift, but then only gaining an inch over factory off road? just think it would look better opening up the front fender well and sit level, back looks fine, in it's stance, looking for some advice. Want to keep it sharp. Thank you IMG_20210108_141455721_HDR1.jpg

myles

Reaction score
that's correct, the mopar lift is only 1" taller than ORP. might be interested in one of the 3.5" lift kits which are about 1" taller than the mopar lift. Or you can do a full drop bracket lift.

Smashius

Reaction score
What are your ground to fender measurements currently, and what do you want them to be?

My 2021 Rebel was basically 38"F/40"R before, and I installed a ReadyLift 2" level and I sit at 40" on all four corners now. Exactly what I was looking for.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Here is my BTS on 35’s with Fox 2” front (so an additional 1”) for comparison. I have about 0.75” rake which I wanted and am happy with. DE30A628-425F-439F-9FB0-916EB6110683.jpeg

Cgrinnell

Reaction score
What are your ground to fender measurements currently, and what do you want them to be?

My 2021 Rebel was basically 38"F/40"R before, and I installed a ReadyLift 2" level and I sit at 40" on all four corners now. Exactly what I was looking for.
Good morning, thank you for replying. My front measurement is 37" and rear is 39"

Cgrinnell

Reaction score
that's correct, the mopar lift is only 1" taller than ORP. might be interested in one of the 3.5" lift kits which are about 1" taller than the mopar lift. Or you can do a full drop bracket lift.
I have talked to some of my techs at work, couple have said 3.5 lift, but I have heard there are good ones and bad ones, which is why I joined this forum, as you guys have actually done this stuff. So trying to get good info. One reason I was steering away from lift was I kept factory rims, and went with 11.5 inch wide 35" so I didn't push the tire out much just tucks under fender flares. So I'm wondering if it would look stupid lifting and having not gone with the 12.5's

Cgrinnell

Reaction score
Here is my BTS on 35’s with Fox 2” front (so an additional 1”) for comparison. I have about 0.75” rake which I wanted and am happy with. View attachment 80113
That's a good looking truck, so reading your bio on it you did rear as well? And is that just a shock swap front and back, or lift or level? I'm just getting so confused... Lol... I sell them, not fix it build them.. lol. But I want it to look good. Thank you

Smashius

Reaction score
Good morning, thank you for replying. My front measurement is 37" and rear is 39"
Seems like you'd be perfectly happy with a 2" level then, putting you at 39" on all four corners.

The lift kit won't solve your rake, the level kit will. I did tons of forum searching and i'm happy with my Readylift kit (I did the UCA's too). It gave me exactly what I wanted (see my measurement numbers above) which sounds like it's what you want too.

I have my wheelset on order, and went with a 285 65r20, so basically a 35/11.5.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
That's a good looking truck, so reading your bio on it you did rear as well? And is that just a shock swap front and back, or lift or level? I'm just getting so confused... Lol... I sell them, not fix it build them.. lol. But I want it to look good. Thank you
Thanks. Yeah you’re on the right track, the rear was a shock swap so the original off road springs stayed and kept the 1” lift over stock. On the front, I replaced springs and shocks with Fox coilovers, which removed the original off road springs but gave it 2” over stock. Hope that makes sense. Cheers.

Reactions: c3k

obrien

Reaction score
btw the level will make a world of the a difference with light.. I really like how it illuminates at night now, while I have never been flash or anything like that from other cars..

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
btw the level will make a world of the a difference with light.. I really like how it illuminates at night now, while I have never been flash or anything like that from other cars..
That’s good because my previous 5th gen had a Readylift level and I got flashed constantly until I finally figured it out and turned my headlights down a few turns

skylarfaucett

Reaction score
I got 77072424AC 2 in mopar lift kit put on and it is not level what so ever!! Bummed!! Can anyone help me out with this?

CeramicCam

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new here but recently bought a 2021 Bighorn Crew, Built to serve edition. I took the factory tires off, and put Wild peak's 35 inch tires under it. Looks awesome. Still ahs a 2 inch forward rake (measured). It has the off road group on it so has the 1 inch factory lift. Happy with the rear height. I am looking to put leveling kit on it, not sure whose to use? and size? Do not want it higher in the front at all, would love for it to just sit level. Was considering the 2 inch Mopar lift, but then only gaining an inch over factory off road? just think it would look better opening up the front fender well and sit level, back looks fine, in it's stance, looking for some advice. Want to keep it sharp. Thank you View attachment 80096
What exact model/size are your WildPeaks? Looks like a great fit

EJ84

Reaction score
I got 77072424AC 2 in mopar lift kit put on and it is not level what so ever!! Bummed!! Can anyone help me out with this?
From what I have found out thru some research is the mopar kit lifts your truck 2” front and rear which maintains factory rake just 2” higher

obrien

Reaction score
Looks sweet! If you loaded the bed up do you think it would drop enough to cause rubbing?
I doubt it, there is quite a room. But it was a reason why I did not go with 285/65r20. with 275/65r20 (which is 34.1'' nominal but something like 33'' under the weight of the truck) I feel save about loading the truck.
I think my leveling kit would be bigger problem actually when loading the truck to max. I think I would have to correct headlights at minimum.

Ram69

Reaction score
I doubt it, there is quite a room. But it was a reason why I did not go with 285/65r20. with 275/65r20 (which is 34.1'' nominal but something like 33'' under the weight of the truck) I feel save about loading the truck.
I think my leveling kit would be bigger problem actually when loading the truck to max. I think I would have to correct headlights at minimum.
thanks for the reply

Cgrinnell

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new here but recently bought a 2021 Bighorn Crew, Built to serve edition. I took the factory tires off, and put Wild peak's 35 inch tires under it. Looks awesome. Still ahs a 2 inch forward rake (measured). It has the off road group on it so has the 1 inch factory lift. Happy with the rear height. I am looking to put leveling kit on it, not sure whose to use? and size? Do not want it higher in the front at all, would love for it to just sit level. Was considering the 2 inch Mopar lift, but then only gaining an inch over factory off road? just think it would look better opening up the front fender well and sit level, back looks fine, in it's stance, looking for some advice. Want to keep it sharp. Thank you View attachment 80096
Update! Went with 2 inch moto fab from level, it's exactly 1/2 to 3/4 in front to back rake, put fuel Siege with 20mm offset, black with machined gray edging. With the 35's on them, What do you all think? Gotten ALOT of comments with it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_170853992~2.jpg
    IMG_20210212_170853992~2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20210213_070520405~2.jpg
    IMG_20210213_070520405~2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 239

Users who are viewing this thread