5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lettering Color

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was reading another thread where guys were going back and forth for white lettering in or out. White out being "old school" and in completing the black out look. I like black even though I am from the "old school" (walked uphill both ways in the snow to get to school in my day).

Even better would be if you could color the letters to match the truck. Does anyone know if this can be done? I did the letters on my current truck in red sharpie to see it on a red truck. Looked good for 50 miles...

BigEarl62

Reaction score
Mountain whiskey, I was actually just reading a tire warranty (Kelly) and coloring the tires will void the warranty. Just something to consider if the tire warranty is important to you.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I am sure manufacturers go out of their way to void a warranty.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I can understand how coloring the letters can void it. Drawing on it with a Sharpie is not what they're worried about. I suspect they're concerned that someone will dissolve some dye in some nasty petrochemical like MEK so that it will penetrate deep. And that kind of stuff will soften the rubber and ruin it. So they just say "no" as a blanket statement and it's covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/