5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lemon gone.

Flamefang01

Reaction score
Got rid of the 19 laramie sport 4x4 on a lemon law buy back back in November. Said I would never get another new ram, well, in February I ended up getting a 2020 Delmonaco red Laramie sport with offroad package and the 6' bed. Already have 2k miles on it. Has a 33 gallon fuel tank and 3.92 gears. Fuel economy sucks, but you dont buy a ram for the fuel economy. In loving it so far. Fingers crossed I dont have any problems out of this one.

Attachments

• 20200321_185601.jpg
    20200321_185601.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 148

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Grab the rebate below if you can before your 60 days.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Rototerrier

Reaction score
The FCA paperwork is like fight club. You sign an nda to not discuss the details. Totally sucks but didn't much matter. There are so many thing already documented wrong with these trucks that you already know. Doesn't matter which one. We just know he jumped thru the lemon law hoops on one of them.

Congrats though. Welcome to the lemon law club.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got rid of the 19 laramie sport 4x4 on a lemon law buy back back in November. Said I would never get another new ram, well, in February I ended up getting a 2020 Delmonaco red Laramie sport with offroad package and the 6' bed. Already have 2k miles on it. Has a 33 gallon fuel tank and 3.92 gears. Fuel economy sucks, but you dont buy a ram for the fuel economy. In loving it so far. Fingers crossed I dont have any problems out of this one.
Congratulation on the new car, i didn't know you can get sport appearance and off-road package together.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sure is one good looking truck! For a while the Delmonico Red was my color choice when I ordered mine. But at the last minute I selected the Billet Silver because I thought it would show the dirt less. I don't believe they offered the Laramie in a Sport version when I ordered in March of 2018.

Best of luck,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031303 miles.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I hope you have better luck with this one , congratulations your truck looks awesome !

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Interesting how you got "lured back in". Makes some of the haters think twice, maybe...
Glad that you are back and hope that you have an exactly opposite experience than the lemoned one.
Welcome again!

Cravenfan

Reaction score

Gas mileage will increase with miles... I have 4k on now, up in the high 15's and gaining. 375hp does not equal good gas mileage, but it's about a $1 a day difference, so floor it after all lights and stop signs. :cool:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck! Looks great!! I had a hard time deciding between Delmonico Red and Patriot Blue. Went with the blue.

i didn't know you can get sport appearance and off-road package together.
Of course you can (at least on a Laramie). I wouldn't have traded in my 2017 Rebel for a 5th gen if not. ;)

Gas mileage will increase with miles... I have 4k on now, up in the high 15's and gaining. 375hp does not equal good gas mileage, but it's about a $1 a day difference, so floor it after all lights and stop signs. :cool:
I'm still waiting for this supposed fuel economy increase. I've been in the mid 14's since the truck was new. It's got almost 3k miles now. Color me skeptical.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm still paying over $3/gallon here for 89 octane. Even 87 is close to $3.

renzo2213

Reaction score
Congrats! Same thing happened to me. Lemoned my first one (2019 Laramie). And picked this beauty up immediately. 2 weeks, 1k miles and non of the issues I had on the other one have popped up. All the issues on the other one started happening at like 100 miles. 2020 Laramie with off-road package

1e42b47ef2cacdbb5bd45355ad8d8162.jpg

2d39cd87ebb318eb5d2a3684450ee3e1.jpg

f481aa9a79fed748a48c966510c4da50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Purdy’. Goes to show that instead of swearing off the brand (any brand), the “luck of the draw” works both ways.
Of course there are likely those that were upset with their 1984 m.y. Caravan who’ve never bought another Dodge.

Users who are viewing this thread