5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED RAM on Grill

datammwv13

Reaction score
I have been wanting to add front RAM Led to my 19 Ram, but didn't want to pay Harmoncustoms.com price for whole grill. Nor did I want to have to take the whole front grill off. I did some research and found the mopar part 68293118AC. which is where the letter are "formed" and the Chrome inserts -inserted into. I found the LED letters from seller for 40 cash/delivered. I cut my Chrome letters off. Clued my LED RAM letters onto a piece of plastic with 3M Plastic Emblem and Trim Adhesive. Ran the wires to Fuse box so come on when truck is Running. For 44.00 have my LED RAM letters. Plus have my Chrome letters and backplate to switch back to if want to go back to factory.

Attachments

• 20200414_142720.jpg
    20200414_142720.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 420

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! looks very cool! you have some pictures of the LEDs when it's dark outside?

KcRay

Reaction score
I'll bet that looks too cool rolling down the road at night or dusk. More pictures please after sunset!(y)

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can’t blame you for not 2anting to spend that dollar amount. They were the only ones around when I decided to do mine. As far as I know of, they are still the only ones around. The main difference for me is I have mine on Bluetooth so I can turn on / dim / or turn off as needed.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recall someone on here with a 3d printer working on an offering. Not sure what happened there, haven't seen an update on that thread in a while.

moparleo51

Reaction score
I have been wanting to add front RAM Led to my 19 Ram, but didn't want to pay Harmoncustoms.com price for whole grill. Nor did I want to have to take the whole front grill off. I did some research and found the mopar part 68293118AC. which is where the letter are "formed" and the Chrome inserts -inserted into. I found the LED letters from seller for 40 cash/delivered. I cut my Chrome letters off. Clued my LED RAM letters onto a piece of plastic with 3M Plastic Emblem and Trim Adhesive. Ran the wires to Fuse box so come on when truck is Running. For 44.00 have my LED RAM letters. Plus have my Chrome letters and backplate to switch back to if want to go back to factory.
looks great can you tell us where you got the led emblems from and do you have any install pics?

datammwv13

Reaction score
The letters are from seller Autopartsaround on ebay. He sells whole grill. I just did contact Seller and asked just to purchase letters. He sold them to me 40 shipped. Had them in 2 days. We just did transaction through PayPal and seller id. = Eco Way Living LLC. This way you guys have all information... (I was skeptical at 1st but company delivered)

Kit came with wire harness for all three lights.
I used a old piece of leaf guard to mount them to. The letters have "studs" on back to go through classic Honey comb Ram grills. I used that to my advantage to stick through holes in leave guard to keep letters straight and firm gluing area. (17 3/4 long letters run on our grills) Once glued I cut old letters off my truck. NEVER REMOVED GRILL. Just used drummel and Dewalt vibration cutter. Soon as letters cut off the nameplate backing plate 68293118ac pops off.
I then cut excess studs sticking threw back and cut piece to fit leaf guard (glued) onto nameplate. Works great because the leaf guard bends and nameplate has slight curve... Once dried I used flat black Model paint on white leaf guard. 2 coats. Then clear coat. Then just used one stainless steel screw to hold it in. Where leaf guard meets nameplate is not that smooth but I plan on accenting in 1/2 chrome strip. Just awaiting that piece to show. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of while I was creating it as was kind of trial and error as AM proceeded. But all in all only takes maybe 2 hours total. You can see the letters that cut off of existing nameplate. Plus I took chrome letters off. I have purchased another name plate so can insert Letters on it and switch back and forth as Winter Season approaches.
15549c2151554cd1904f169033b2ae55.jpg
0dbb8580aff07e02c4e1fe9d6ffba43f.jpg
a101c27e04e8172f3f731f4df7df3220.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The letters are from seller Autopartsaround on ebay. He sells whole grill. I just did contact Seller and asked just to purchase letters. He sold them to me 40 shipped. Had them in 2 days. We just did transaction through PayPal and seller id. = Eco Way Living LLC. This way you guys have all information... (I was skeptical at 1st but company delivered)

Kit came with wire harness for all three lights.
I used a old piece of leaf guard to mount them to. The letters have "studs" on back to go through classic Honey comb Ram grills. I used that to my advantage to stick through holes in leave guard to keep letters straight and firm gluing area. (17 3/4 long letters run on our grills) Once glued I cut old letters off my truck. NEVER REMOVED GRILL. Just used drummel and Dewalt vibration cutter. Soon as letters cut off the nameplate backing plate 68293118ac pops off.
I then cut excess studs sticking threw back and cut piece to fit leaf guard (glued) onto nameplate. Works great because the leaf guard bends and nameplate has slight curve... Once dried I used flat black Model paint on white leaf guard. 2 coats. Then clear coat. Then just used one stainless steel screw to hold it in. Where leaf guard meets nameplate is not that smooth but I plan on accenting in 1/2 chrome strip. Just awaiting that piece to show. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of while I was creating it as was kind of trial and error as AM proceeded. But all in all only takes maybe 2 hours total. You can see the letters that cut off of existing nameplate. Plus I took chrome letters off. I have purchased another name plate so can insert Letters on it and switch back and forth as Winter Season approaches.
15549c2151554cd1904f169033b2ae55.jpg
0dbb8580aff07e02c4e1fe9d6ffba43f.jpg
a101c27e04e8172f3f731f4df7df3220.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
you did such a nice job! :love:

datammwv13

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have sold the truck and moved into a 2500. I don't remember which one I tired into
1750b04b76f172f66614916ab3c1fd4d.jpg
705c119af9ff08da655508122652905b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread