5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED projector lights

Reaction score
Sorry for yet another LED question, but I took my ‘20 Warlock back to the dealer to ask if the standard halogen headlights could be replaced with LED. I was told it would be a $1000 job and may violate the warranty as the headlights are connected to the computer system. Am I being told the correct info or ??? Thanks

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as I know there is no factory led projector lights for the 4th gen trucks. you need to give us more information on what they are quoting you

Reaction score
As far as I know there is no factory led projector lights for the 4th gen trucks. you need to give us more information on what they are quoting you
Thanks for the reply . They told me they would have to totally replace the housing etc not just replace the bulbs so I pretty much left it at that and will wait for the next truck I get

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they didn’t even tell you what they were going to replace it with then I’d definitely pass. I’m guessing you have the factory halogen projector headlights. You can put led bulbs in those yourself

Reaction score
If they didn’t even tell you what they were going to replace it with then I’d definitely pass. I’m guessing you have the factory halogen projector headlights. You can put led bulbs in those yourself
Yes they are the factory halogen projector lights that came with it. The truck is 3 weeks old. I’ll check with the auto parts store to see what I can do.thanks much

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The classics are just like the 2013-2018 4th gens. Either the guy thought you had a 5th gen new body style 2020, rather than a classic, or he was feeding you full of crap to try and get rid of you.

The only way to make the 4th gens (including the 2019-2020 Classic) have LED projectors is to install LED modules into the factory halogen projectors, or buy an aftermarket (non-FCA) housing.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The classics are just like the 2013-2018 4th gens. Either the guy thought you had a 5th gen new body style 2020, rather than a classic, or he was feeding you full of crap to try and get rid of you.

The only way to make the 4th gens (including the 2019-2020 Classic) have LED projectors is to install LED modules into the factory halogen projectors, or buy an aftermarket (non-FCA) housing.
I thought that for a second too, but if he thought it was a 5th gen and was quoting him for the mid level LED lights it would be a lot more than $1,000

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought that for a second too, but if he thought it was a 5th gen and was quoting him for the mid level LED lights it would be a lot more than $1,000

True that. I don't know... maybe the guy was just referencing the "job" as $1000 in labor, not parts yet. Or maybe he was thinking the guy was talking about inserting LED modules into the halogen projector housings, in which case $1000 in labor is outrageous and he was just trying to get rid of OP? That would fit with the warranty claim, as the modules wouldn't be OEM parts.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want LED headlamps for your 4th gen then Morimoto and Alpharex(maybe others but those two are well known) are the best option. Less expensive would be to equip yours with quality LED lights

Users who are viewing this thread