5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather Cleaner

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Anyone have recomendations for a good cleaner for the ventilated seats? I have the Ivory seats and want to keep them that color
Thanks

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to show cars, and had two with white leather seats. My favorite product was Griot's Garage leather system. For cars with perforated seats (such as the ones I showed), the products did not "gunk up" and were not "greasy."

DeanKing

Reaction score
For a quick touch up I have used a meguairs combo cleaner conditioner spray. When I really feel like doing it right I use Zymol. It is two separate products so there is a lot of work and elbow grease involved. It it does last. Never put a glob of conditioner on the ventilated part. Put it on the smooth part and work it with the cloth and then use the moist cloth with product on the holes. I never use any kind of conditioner on Alcantara. I hate that stuff but it is the only option on the Laramie. For that try a soft brush and a damp rag. If you are brave you can use some kind of scotch guard on it but it will likely darken it. I don’t do that but my kids are old enough they don’t spill. If you have Alcantara and small kids I suggest seat covers.

MattF

Reaction score
I've been using Leather Masters products on my other cars leather interiors for years - no affiliation but I do suggest checking them out.

Matt

Brady_SS

Reaction score
I'll second Lexol...Have used it for years with good results. I have never had a leather seat crack or split from sun exposure. I try and apply it twice a year.

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the mild soap and water is best. I use 10:1 distilled water and $1 store generic woolite. Scrub spots with a tooth brush and then use a leather protector if wanted...

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Colourlock mild leather cleaner & protector worked EXCELLENT on the Ski Gray signature leather we had in the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit.

Users who are viewing this thread