5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest order restriction and MSRP change

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Built out a Laramie, ready to order and 1) FCA raised prices that are not reflected on the website and 2) Dealer said panoramic is on restriction for Laramie's as they will only be available in Limited and Longhorns from now on.

wwalljr

Reaction score
This is interesting if it turns out to be accurate. Wonder why the change on the pano? Must be an up sell technique or something.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Built out a Laramie, ready to order and 1) FCA raised prices that are not reflected on the website and 2) Dealer said panoramic is on restriction for Laramie's as they will only be available in Limited and Longhorns from now on.
Was dealer putting this order in as a "Pending Dealer Order" or a "Sold Order" under the order prioritization section? That seems to make a difference sometimes as to what they can order.

acat

Reaction score
choose 5.7 non-etorque on a laramie, you still can get the sunroof

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Trying out your strategy, however it's asking too much for the salesperson to call me back. Worst dealer experience since.... buying my Durango 4 years ago.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might have to take the reigns and be pro-active in the contact. I visited two dealers and same thing; both seemed much less active compared to sales people on other FCA vehicles I bought. Ram 1500 sales for the past few months have been at or near all-time highs... so maybe they have a lot of customers to deal with.

This is a good thing though. I despise pushy sales people calling me out of the blue. When I need something, don't call me, I'll call you :geek:

jwsoutha

Reaction score
Where are you located?

acat

Reaction score
Trying out your strategy, however it's asking too much for the salesperson to call me back. Worst dealer experience since.... buying my Durango 4 years ago.
I have the same bad feeling, but in order to get a truck I will use it for at least 3 years, I just insist to their sales manager, I need look over your shoulder to put my order

DanSkan

Reaction score
The pano sun roof is really nice - I ride with my shade open all the time and it lets in a lot of light. When it warms up, I will ride with it open a lot. My last vehicle did not have a sun roof and I missed it but now I have the big one and it is great.

I had a problem with an air leak and wind noise but the dealer fixed it and now it is great.

If you want a pano sun roof - figure out a way to get it

Atretes1

Reaction score
I tried to order a Laramie Sport with the off road package. They were able to add the pano sunroof but said they could not order the Laramie with the sport option or off road option.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Thank you!! Order placed yesterday. Non-etorque with pano. Dealer showed me FCA note about not offering pano in future Laramies.

Turin

Reaction score
Dealer showed me FCA note about not offering pano in future Laramies.
I'm glad I ordered when I did, then. I wonder if it's a permanent change to trim level differentiation or a wind-down of parts inventory for 2019 models. We'll find out when the 2020 models come out.

dn325ci

Reaction score
Sometimes these are temporary restrictions due to balance supply & demand. Complete speculation on my part, but perhaps they may be experiencing more demand for pano’s than expected, and supply side response is not yet complete.

acat

Reaction score
Thank you!! Order placed yesterday. Non-etorque with pano. Dealer showed me FCA note about not offering pano in future Laramies.
that's so sad actually, I am on the same boat, but want both, finally go with pano

Kbav1

Reaction score
I tried to order a Laramie Sport with the off road package. They were able to add the pano sunroof but said they could not order the Laramie with the sport option or off road option.
I ordered mine a month back - same - no sport no off road or even sane bumper colour.
Got etorque and pano though
Swapping hood out for a sport.

dn325ci

Reaction score
I'm curious how the FCA letter reads - anyone have a photo of that?

Users who are viewing this thread