5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lasfit switchback fogs problem?

scRAMbled

Reaction score
Anyone with lasfit switchback fogs have issues with them switching colors when using high/low beams? For example...just installed my complete lasfit kit tonight, and every time I use the high beams and switch back to low, the fogs go from with the yellow. Use the high beams again and switch back and fogs go back to white. The real kicker is if I have the high beams on and I make a sharp turn where the inside fog light comes on during the turn and then shuts off. After that happens, when I turn low beams back on, I now have one white and one yellow fog. Can't get them to sync back up unless I make a turn the other way with high beams on, or turn all the lights off and then back on. Anyone else have this issue? If this is how the fogs are gonna work I don't want them. The rest of the lights are great.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone with lasfit switchback fogs have issues with them switching colors when using high/low beams? For example...just installed my complete lasfit kit tonight, and every time I use the high beams and switch back to low, the fogs go from with the yellow. Use the high beams again and switch back and fogs go back to white. The real kicker is if I have the high beams on and I make a sharp turn where the inside fog light comes on during the turn and then shuts off. After that happens, when I turn low beams back on, I now have one white and one yellow fog. Can't get them to sync back up unless I make a turn the other way with high beams on, or turn all the lights off and then back on. Anyone else have this issue? If this is how the fogs are gonna work I don't want them. The rest of the lights are great.

that's the way how it designed, ON/OFF to switch to different color.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Yep, I have the switchbacks and have the issue with the sharp turn causing them to be opposites. I dont have the issue with the high beams however, unless I put my highs on for a short period of time (5 sec maybe?)

Near as i can figure it, it seems to just built into the ‘color change’ timing function or whatever. I think they stopped selling them, and maybe this is why?

For me, when they get out of sync or whatever, I just shut them off via the foglight button and drive for a few minutes without them which resets them.

scRAMbled

Reaction score
I get that they would switch colors from white to amber when switching between high and low beams and could probably deal with it. It's the turning and getting one yellow and one white that really annoys me. Don't want to keep shutting them off to reset. Looks like I'll probably be swapping for white.

Shives

Reaction score
Change the fog lamp drop out. To no on Alfaobd. Should work. I’m getting a set as well. I like that they turn yellow... but they should have added an extra on and off to the settings before it switches. This way, drop out would work. Or on off 3 times. Rather then once. Once seems like a huge over sight.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Then your fogs would always stay on unless you turn off the switch, right? Even when using high beams? Seems like that would work, yea.

In this case, feels like there could have certainly been a little more thought out into how to change colors, for sure. I would have also appreciated the ability to set the starting color, too. Ahh well.

Shives

Reaction score
I would say a little trial and error. It may just keep the dogs from coming on and off with the turn signals. Which is what I was going after

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I spoke with lasfit today and they have a 45-day no-questions-asked return policy. So I told him mine were coming in the mail today and he suggested I go ahead and try them what do I have to lose. I will install them tonight and either post later tonight or tomorrow if I have the same issue. I also shared this forum thread with the customer service guy and he was forwarding it to the developer for the Switchback fogs.

Shives

Reaction score
I spoke with lasfit today and they have a 45-day no-questions-asked return policy. So I told him mine were coming in the mail today and he suggested I go ahead and try them what do I have to lose. I will install them tonight and either post later tonight or tomorrow if I have the same issue. I also shared this forum thread with the customer service guy and he was forwarding it to the developer for the Switchback fogs.
PERFECT!
I myself want these lights, like right now! So I plan on ordering. Seems like good people. Also happy to try different settings and such with AlfaOBD and see if we can manage to get them to stay one color.
Keep me in the loop. Placing a 450.00 order today or tomorrow.
Thanks.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
So here are my findings. I noticed the light switch colors on the hard turns when my fog lights were off. With my fog lights on, I had the same color light stay on when doing a makeshift slollum through a parking lot. I drive with my fogs on anyways any time my headlights are on, so as of now I have no issues with the switchbacks. I can definitely see where it would be an issue for those who do not drive with their fog lights on all the time. Also same light color when switching bright lights on and off. Yes they change color each time you active and deactivate your brights, but they are the same color on both sides. Also check out my new LED DRL strips. I am digging them.

Attachments

• 20200825_205323.jpg
    20200825_205323.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200825_205357.jpg
    20200825_205357.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200825_210111.jpg
    20200825_210111.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200825_210310.jpg
    20200825_210310.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200825_210244.jpg
    20200825_210244.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200825_210342.jpg
    20200825_210342.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 80

Shives

Reaction score
So, the fog on each side will turn up on if your fogs are normally off... But.. if you go low to high beam, they change? Please tell me they have a delay... not on every power change or high beam to low beam... if you have the high beams on normally.. tune them back to low 20 seconds later, do they change?

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
So, the fog on each side will turn up on if your fogs are normally off... But.. if you go low to high beam, they change? Please tell me they have a delay... not on every power change or high beam to low beam... if you have the high beams on normally.. tune them back to low 20 seconds later, do they change?
Yes they will change just as if you are pushing the switch on the inside. But they will change as the same color as long as they are in synch before you active your brights. I did not wait the 20 seconds, I just flipped them on and off a few times and they switched each time.

Shives

Reaction score
So again, every time you switch your high beam to low beam, even if they are left on for 2 minutes driving. They will turn color upon switching back to low beam?
This sounds like the dumbest fog light ever. Least, for our trucks being it’s controlled in a fancy sense.. I want just the yellow fogs. I don’t need the other options. This is a bummer.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
To clarify, I did a quick test drive with my fogs on and flipped the high beams on and off a couple of times. Each time when the fog light came back on, they were a different color. I can not tell you how long the high beams would need to be on in order for them not to switch each time. I don't drive with my high beams due to these LED headlights being so good. I was just doing a quick trial and error.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Yup - I have ordered a bunch from Lasfit and they definitely stand behind their products. I had one of my fog ballasts go out and they were very quick to rectify the situation.
So again, every time you switch your high beam to low beam, even if they are left on for 2 minutes driving. They will turn color upon switching back to low beam?
This sounds like the dumbest fog light ever. Least, for our trucks being it’s controlled in a fancy sense.. I want just the yellow fogs. I don’t need the other options. This is a bummer.
In my experience, it shouldn't switch colors every time you change to your high beams and back again, there is a 'memory' function built into them.

So basically, in my experience they function like this:

Low beams on / fogs on in 'white' mode
V
High beams on / fogs turn off
V
If the highs have been on for OVER <some length of time> (the time the 'memory' lasts), when you go back to lows, the fogs will forget their position, and default back to 'white'.
OR
If the highs have been on for UNDER <some length of time>, the 'memory' is still active, so when you go back to lows, the know they were in 'white', so they change to 'yellow'.

In my experience, this <some length of time> may just be a little long. Generally, if my highs are on for at least say, 30 seconds, when I go back to lows, the fogs will go back to white. The solution may be to decrease that 'memory' duration to like, 2 seconds. This really only fixes the unintended white -> yellow switch when your high beams are on briefly (ie 'oops, I turned my highs on, but there's another car coming'). I think they'll probably always 'forget' they were in yellow mode and then you go to your high beams for any decent amount of time.

Shives

Reaction score
Yup - I have ordered a bunch from Lasfit and they definitely stand behind their products. I had one of my fog ballasts go out and they were very quick to rectify the situation.

In my experience, it shouldn't switch colors every time you change to your high beams and back again, there is a 'memory' function built into them.

So basically, in my experience they function like this:

Low beams on / fogs on in 'white' mode
V
High beams on / fogs turn off
V
If the highs have been on for OVER <some length of time> (the time the 'memory' lasts), when you go back to lows, the fogs will forget their position, and default back to 'white'.
OR
If the highs have been on for UNDER <some length of time>, the 'memory' is still active, so when you go back to lows, the know they were in 'white', so they change to 'yellow'.

In my experience, this <some length of time> may just be a little long. Generally, if my highs are on for at least say, 30 seconds, when I go back to lows, the fogs will go back to white. The solution may be to decrease that 'memory' duration to like, 2 seconds. This really only fixes the unintended white -> yellow switch when your high beams are on briefly (ie 'oops, I turned my highs on, but there's another car coming'). I think they'll probably always 'forget' they were in yellow mode and then you go to your high beams for any decent amount of time.
Glad to hear they stand behind them! But that sucks! I want the option of yellow or white at my command. Not when it wants to. That sucks.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Glad to hear they stand behind them! But that sucks! I want the option of yellow or white at my command. Not when it wants to. That sucks.
I know it is not ideal, but it is just a simple push of a button a couple of times. It's really up to you whether or not it is that big of a deal not to have them on your truck. I love the option to switch so easily. As long as they don't somehow get out of sync and have different colors at the same time, I will absolutely love them.

Users who are viewing this thread