5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie without level 1 or 2

Danger

Reaction score
Hey all,
I’m looking at ordering a 2020 Laramie crew cab and have it all figured out with the exception of do I want the Level 1 option. Anyone get a Laramie without level 1 or 2?
  • 2nd-Row In-Floor Storage Bins. (I think this is standard anyway)
  • Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control (I’m mostly on highways)
  • Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection. (This is the one thing on the list that I would want)
  • Foam Bottle Insert (Door Trim Panel). (Why)
  • ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop (I live in Alaska and truck will always be dirty)
  • Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
  • Remote Tailgate-Release. (Cool but why)
  • Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split Recline Seat (don’t need)
  • Tailgate Ajar Warning Lamp (who cares)

rlc2020

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie with no packages and I'm pretty happy with how it's put together. The only thing I miss is parking sensors, but other than that I have everything I need. Front heated/ventilated seats and the leather/alcantera was what sold me on this truck. I did not want the "safety features" blind spot, active breaking, etc. I feel like those are all distractions and always have turned them off in every car I've driven with them.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a Laramie that I picked out and I didn’t want anything extra. I started out driving tractor trailers so maneuvering around with this isn’t an issue. Also I really and I mean really did not want to PAY extra to have issues.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Laramie that I picked out and I didn’t want anything extra. I started out driving tractor trailers so maneuvering around with this isn’t an issue. Also I really and I mean really did not want to PAY extra to have issues.
But man, oh man, you’ve paid extra in other ways ;)

PorBoy

Reaction score
Oh yes lol that’s how it is with all of my vehicles. I put in what I want to keep me from swapping vehicles every other year. :)

SASK_RT

Reaction score
Hey all,
I’m looking at ordering a 2020 Laramie crew cab and have it all figured out with the exception of do I want the Level 1 option. Anyone get a Laramie without level 1 or 2?
I have a Laramie without level 1 or 2 packages. It also has the bench seats in front which helps with legroom. My must haves were Leather/ passive entry / heated seats and steering...I got all those with the basic Laramie. I kinda miss some of the features like the park sensors, rain sense wipers and auto-headlights but not enough to make it a deal breaker.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Now see my only wants were bench seats, 3.92 gears, and 4x4. I knew I would be adding all that makes me feel the truck mine ha ha ha.

rlc2020

Reaction score
I came from a loaded big horn so this laramie is missing a few things from that truck. Parking sensors, Bed lighting, Console, rear under seat storage. But I felt that getting the Laramie looks with the Laramie interior + ventilated seats was more important to me than the few extras I was giving up. If you want a loaded truck that parks itself for you and slams the brakes on every time a leaf blows up behind you while backing out of the driveway than you don't want a stripped truck. Otherwise, this truck has more than I really need.

As a side note, I had a stripped tradesmen for a loaner for almost a week once and I thought after day 2 that I was almost happier in that truck without all the bells and whistles.

Just my 2 cents...

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,
  • Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection. (This is the one thing on the list that I would want)
  • ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop (I live in Alaska and truck will always be dirty)
I wouldn't get a TRUCK without those features... BSMS and park assist are a must today.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is a pretty loaded BigHorn(5.7l + eTorque, 8.4 with NAV, Alpine, Console, BSMS, CrossPath, Park assist, etc.) it was $54,500 and I got it for $38,500

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I was looking at buying a Laramie without either equipment group. But the price difference wasn't enough for me to do without most of the things you seem to not care about. Now I'm glad I bought one with it. I like and have used everything included in the level 1 group (foam bottle insert included) except for the tailgate ajar warning lamp. It would stay on even with the tailgate closed when I first got the truck. Seems to be fine now.

It's your money and your truck. So in the end only you can make that call. Based on your comments to the features included in group 1, you should be asking yourself if you can do without the blind-spot and cross-path detection or not. And whether or not it's worth the extra $1700 (approx).

Bubba33

Reaction score
My crew Laramie ivory pearl sport with 6.4 bed, hemi e torque , level one with buckets and 8.4 nav, limited slip, trailer brake , 42,000 with 0% for 60. Sticker was 56,300, i did look at a big horn, but i had a 16 Laramie and didnt want to loose the options that i was used to.

ave99

Reaction score
Took my truck in for tailgate ajar warning on dash not working. Has not work sense new. nov-2019. service rep found a star case for this issue, Chrysler is aware of this issue and engineering is working on a fix

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Hey all,
When you order, and take delivery (who knows when that will be with the plants closed), don't forget the $250 rebate from "Bonus Drive". Google it. Hundreds of forum members have received it, takes 6-8 weeks, no spamming. Obviously look around at dealer inventories of that truck. You might get a level 1 for the same price as one you ordered, just sayin'...

Users who are viewing this thread