5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Southwest Edition with black interior

smcleod417

Reaction score
I'm close to pulling the trigger on another 1500 and am like the Southwest Edition package but and struggling a bit with the interior color mix of black leather/dash/carpets and beige trim, pillars and headliner. What are people's thougts on this interior look?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm close to pulling the trigger on another 1500 and am like the Southwest Edition package but and struggling a bit with the interior color mix of black leather/dash/carpets and beige trim, pillars and headliner. What are people's thougts on this interior look?
I had that interior on my standard 2019 Laramie before I sold it, I actually liked the breakup of colors, it worked well. Have a 2020 2500 Big Horn Night Edition, and all the black isn’t bad either, just can feel dark at times. My ‘21 Limited is gonna have the Indigo/Frost interior tho, I just like a lot of colors I guess. If it were Laramie tho, I’d go with the Mtn Brown/Light Frost Beige tho.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After having a number of vehicles with all black interiors, the Mountain Brown/Frost Beige in my Laramie is a very nice change. Light and bright!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No pics? I'm sure it looks fine. But I'm wondering why you're asking us if it will look good or not. None of us will ever set foot in your truck. You're the one who has to look at it all the time. If you like it then get it LOL.

Edit: After looking at it on the ramtrucks.com website, I'd have to say it's too much brown for me. And I'd worry about the beige seating surfaces getting stained or discolored.

Attachments

• Brown interior.PNG
    Brown interior.PNG
    672.9 KB · Views: 110

smcleod417

Reaction score
To be clear I'm talking about the black leather interior. With the Southwest Edition basically the bottom half (up to the top of the dash and seats) is black and the top half (i.e. pillars and roof) is a beige color. Some of the trim strips on the lower half are also a beige color. If anyone had the brown interior in stock I'd think hard about it.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No pics? I'm sure it looks fine. But I'm wondering why you're asking us if it will look good or not. None of us will ever set foot in your truck. You're the one who has to look at it all the time. If you like it then get it LOL.

Edit: After looking at it on the ramtrucks.com website, I'd have to say it's too much brown for me. And I'd worry about the beige seating surfaces getting stained or discolored.
Well I had brought up that interior. He’s talking about the standard Black (w/ beige headliner interior). Yes the Brown interior stains easy but it’s very nice. The new 10th Anniversary Limited Longhorn interior has even more brown, it’s crazy, and I like brown on cars.

4x4Laramie

Reaction score
I just got my 2021 Laramie Southwest Edition and I really love that interior color scheme. It's mostly black everywhere, and feels completely luxurious. The only beige I can think of off the top of my head is the A pillar area, but I think it looks really nice as that color.

I haven't once thought of this at all, and certainly have not thought of it as a negative, or as a regret. I have had nothing but compliments and dropped jaws from friends.

Burnzie

Reaction score
I had a cream color in my 09 Ram, got dirty REAL EASY. Ever since then It's Black for me.
Black Interiors Matter.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
To be clear I'm talking about the black leather interior. With the Southwest Edition basically the bottom half (up to the top of the dash and seats) is black and the top half (i.e. pillars and roof) is a beige color. Some of the trim strips on the lower half are also a beige color. If anyone had the brown interior in stock I'd think hard about it.
The pic I posted is from the ramtrucks.com website and is for the Southwest Edition. I would probably like it if it's the way you described. I definitely would not if it looks like the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread