5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King OEM replacements are out

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was talking to a sales rep and he provided me with the part numbers that king produced. Now the hard part is getting your hands on them. I've reached out to the biggest motorsport retailers and they haven't received any. Keep your eyes peeled! :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191016-061049_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016-061049_Gmail.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_20191016-061117_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016-061117_Gmail.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 254

Pribilof

Reaction score
Would love some Kings or Icons to get a 2" lift over Rebel suspension (and an option for a non-leveling lift... I actually load my bed with stuff and don't want a saggy *** pickup)

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Teralfex has this basically with the falcon shocks. Adjustable rear shocks for towing, to help with the sag. Don’t know if they are being sold yet, but they do exist.

Obviously without changing the spring you can only do so much, but I imagine it would be noticeable

A_yakas

Reaction score
Price?

I'm pretty positive that's the price for the 2019 ram classic. They still havent released them.
Nope the quote i got was for the 5th gen not 4th gen 2019 classic.

Fronts are 1520 rear 905
fronts with adjusters 1820 rear with adjusters 1200

quote was from Filthy Motorsports

I also confirmed with King

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Fronts are 1520 rear 905

Their pricing has become a bit insane to me. The fronts are competitive I suppose for coilovers, but the rear ones? 1200? And if you add in custom length? 1500? Get out of here.

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score

Fronts are 1520 rear 905

Interesting. Did you happen to get part numbers with this quote? Unless your getting test shocks they dont have them yet. I have emailed twice and get the same response, look for them at the end of the year

A_yakas

Reaction score
Interesting. Did you happen to get part numbers with this quote? Unless your getting test shocks they dont have them yet. I have emailed twice and get the same response, look for them at the end of the year
Na I'm not testing for them here's the part numbers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191028-073222.png
    Screenshot_20191028-073222.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 84

A_yakas

Reaction score
Being that the lead time is 3-4 weeks and the holidays are coming up yeah I don't doubt their end of the year response

Solosnavy

Reaction score
They
Teralfex has this basically with the falcon shocks. Adjustable rear shocks for towing, to help with the sag. Don’t know if they are being sold yet, but they do exist.

Obviously without changing the spring you can only do so much, but I imagine it would be noticeable
they do exist but they do not advertise on their website for the 5th Gen... although Youtube channel TFL truck put them on a project rebel they have.. its a good watch.

406Rebel

Reaction score
I’ve been debating between the Falcons and Kings. Thinking I may go all out and get the Kings. Thuren Suspension has the Kings listed for our 5th Gens with custom valving options that are, from what I can find, highly rated.

7amada

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but what is the total lift for the front on a rebel with the coilovers?

Gotta love the KING bling

406Rebel

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but what is the total lift for the front on a rebel with the coilovers?

Gotta love the KING bling

I was wondering that also. From what I've read the Kings are adjustable from 0 to 2.5inch. However, the Rebel already has a 1 inch lift all around. So the way I understand it is the Kings will give you a 1.5 inch additional lift up front when maxed out on the 2.5 inch setting over stock Rebel height. Leaving a half inch rake from front to back still. I emailed Thuran that question along with if UCA's are needed or not so see what they say.

7amada

Reaction score
I was wondering that also. From what I've read the Kings are adjustable from 0 to 2.5inch. However, the Rebel already has a 1 inch lift all around. So the way I understand it is the Kings will give you a 1.5 inch additional lift up front when maxed out on the 2.5 inch setting over stock Rebel height. Leaving a half inch rake from front to back still. I emailed Thuran that question along with if UCA's are needed or not so see what they say.

Perfect. Please report back with what he says.

Honestly it is not worth it

406Rebel

Reaction score
Perfect. Please report back with what he says.

Honestly it is not worth it
He agreed. Since we are already an inch higher the coil overs at 2.5in will only net us an addition 1.5in. He also recommended the Mopar UCA for now until Cognito makes some if they ever will for the 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread