5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kayak trailers?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife usually pulls ours behind her Jeep, because I have the camper if we're heading to the lake.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing fancy. I have an Ascend H10, my wife has a Vibe Yellowfin 100, and the kids have Lifetime cheapies from Walmart.

I bought a little 4'x6' trailer from Lowes to build an overlander with, but turned it into a kayak/lake trailer instead. Did an axle flip, cut the gate down, built a rack from unistrut and mounted ammo boxes on the fenders. I've been looking for a matching set of Jeep wheels for the trailer, but not real hard.

I love my H10, but someday a pedal yak would be nice.
cq5dam.web.1024.1024.jpeg.jpg
20TLRAYLLWFN100XXPSK_Caribbean_Blue.jpeg.jpg

tabber02

Reaction score
nice! that sounds like a pretty capable trailer. i run an on the water innovations kayak trailer. absolutely love it, my second one.

do y'all fish out of them, or just use them to cruise around the lake? i went from a cheap perception (dicks sporting goods), to a bonafide, and finally to a pedal drive with the hobie. life changing.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We got them to fish out of, but sometimes we just take them out to be on the water. I just like being on the lake. I grew up on a popular touristy river, and have moved back to the area, but it's so far from family friendly these days I refuse to go back.

The H10 fits well on the trailer with the others. I figure maybe someday when the kids are grown, or I start taking the truck and RTT somewhere by myself I might invest in the pedal yak. I watch a lot of fishing videos with them and it just makes sense.

tabber02

Reaction score
yeah, the RTT makes things simple when you're doing solo trips and trying to be efficient. i had one on my 2500. in the end i sold it. most of the kayak tournaments i'm fishing in, i end up splitting a hotel room with a couple other anglers anyhow... so i wasn't using the tent... just a big air damn on the cap of the bed.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm trying to get into overlanding. It's about the only type of camping I'd not done before. We have a camper trailer, a slide in camper, and we backpack/hammock camp. Just doesn't seem to be a lot of areas around me, plus I just want some light trails. I don't want to go rock crawling.

We bought the RTT for my wife's Wrangler, but she was out of the country, and my buddy had some more unistrut, so... I made a quick rack and took it out on the Rebel. I think it was my first time camping all alone. I loved it.

Seems I'm more of a fisher than a catcher these days, but love it anyway.

What are you fishing for/catching?

tabber02

Reaction score
it's very appealing. i'll admit, i would love to have the tent back and at least have the ability to do some solo overlanding adventures. i totally get your point there. not looking to drag something through moab (though that'd be an amazing experience)....

i fish for bass. fish in a couple national kayak trails (kayak bass fishing [KBF], BASS Kayak Trail, and kayak fishing league. admittedly more just for the fun and camaraderie... but i give it a go nonetheless. travel all around the southeastern US. far north as TN, SC, NC, far west as LA/TX border. and of course throughout the sunshine state.

got this gal today. short, but she was fat. a little over 4 pounds.

tempImage6Hpg1C.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread