5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Katzkin Leather Gray/Lapis?

ATP1316

Reaction score
Ordering the Katzkin leather OEM option. There is an all black and a gray/lapis with black sides. The easy decision is just going with black on my all black, night edition, big horn but the gray/lapis looks like it could be nice too.

Anyone ordered the lapis/gray and happy with the color? I am afraid it might be too light of a gray. Any pics appreciated!

andrew4.png

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are so many options for them. Design your seats the way you want them.
I did mine like this.
Seats.PNG ram2.jpg

morwyne

Reaction score
What he said. Mahogany color will look nice also on a black interior.

aswain511

Reaction score
Was thinking of doing the swap as well, but haven't been able to find out if I can use the factory UConnect controls to power them on or if I have to use the button on the side. Anyone know which it is?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are you talking about? The slider lid or the seat covers?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you install the seat covers, you don't mess with the seat heaters. They installed on to of the heater element, like the original, you just need to make sure that you choose the perforated leather on the seating area.

ATP1316

Reaction score
When you install the seat covers, you don't mess with the seat heaters. They installed on to of the heater element, like the original, you just need to make sure that you choose the perforated leather on the seating area.
I think the perforated seats only matter if you have the cooling option. I intentionally order the Katzkin non perf and have the heated seats.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think the perforated seats only matter if you have the cooling option. I intentionally order the Katzkin non perf and have the heated seats.
I ordered perforated leather for my Land Cruiser (no seat ventilation) just because I liked the look, and in the back of my mind, I wonder if they are actually cooler than non-perforated. My reasoning behind that is that my butt heat has somewhere to go

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did all this myself, just takes time. :D
You did great work. Any special tools needed? How long did it take you to install them? Any issues along the way?
What kind of price are we talking if you're doing your own install?

I've had leather in my last 3 trucks (and my Jeep) but I got this one without it. Now that I've seen this thread I'm thinking about switching it out. Maybe a dark gray/coffee, or black/coffee. I'd love to go with a coffee/walnut but my wife would never go for it.

@ATP1316 did you ever end up buying these?

Attachments

• katzkin dg and coffee.jpg
    katzkin dg and coffee.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 25
  • katzkin brown.jpg
    katzkin brown.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 26

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You did great work. Any special tools needed? How long did it take you to install them? Any issues along the way?
What kind of price are we talking if you're doing your own install?

I've had leather in my last 3 trucks (and my Jeep) but I got this one without it. Now that I've seen this thread I'm thinking about switching it out. Maybe a dark gray/coffee, or black/coffee. I'd love to go with a coffee/walnut but my wife would never go for it.

@ATP1316 did you ever end up buying these?
Bought mine here.

$785.00 for the complete set. You will need hog ring pliers and about 150 rings and the take your time. I did mine over 2 weekends.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having taken a closer look at my current interior I think I'm going to go with black as the primary color instead of gray. I originally considered gray because my truck is gray, but the interior is black.
Now I just need to decide if I want a brown insert or if the common gray (lapis) would look better. Any thoughts?

black and coffee ........... black and dark brown ...... black and lapis ............. black, lapis, blue stitching
blk and coffee.JPG ...... blk and dbr.JPG ...... blk and lapis.JPG ...... blk lapis and blue.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread