5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Katzkin installation

Cottamscout2

Reaction score
Just bought a Big Horn edition and looking to install a Katzkin interior. I have the bench seat up front with a fold down armrest and the only part of the installation that I am unsure about is how to disassemble the armrest to install the leather in the front. Anyone had experience with this by chance or done an install of Katskin on theirs?

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
I got a set on line and found a guy here to put them in. The bad part traded the truck in a week latter as they gave me
5000 less than I paid for it in 2015.
I like them more than my new Larime
And I should have gone with the Basic leather and saved some money instead of the outlaw style
Russell

Attachments

• 20181222_153102.jpg
    20181222_153102.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 802

davis2885

Reaction score
I'm curious what people's experience has been with these. Fit? Quality? Durability? What about difficulty of self install?

Bleda2002

Reaction score
I also had Katzkins installed in my Big Horn and absolutely love them. The leather is better quality than the Laramie I sat in and the fit looks like factory.

Mopar actually works with Katzkins for a bunch of custom seats, so the patterns they use are excellent on FCA vehicles.

I ended up getting mine ordered and installed for 1000 bucks total. It took the 2 guys that do this on a daily basis 5.5 hours to get it all installed.

Cottamscout2

Reaction score
$1000 is a pretty good deal for everything. The quotes I have here are around $1800. Also, if it took two experienced people 5.5hrs that is a lot of time to get it right. Do you have any pics of yours Bleda2002?

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
I also had Katzkins installed in my Big Horn and absolutely love them. The leather is better quality than the Laramie I sat in and the fit looks like factory.

Mopar actually works with Katzkins for a bunch of custom seats, so the patterns they use are excellent on FCA vehicles.

I ended up getting mine ordered and installed for 1000 bucks total. It took the 2 guys that do this on a daily basis 5.5 hours to get it all installed.

$1000 is a pretty good deal for everything. The quotes I have here are around $1800.

I'd like to eventually go this route too so am following this thread... The best deal I can find is through the local Katzkin "recommended" installer for $1500. $1000 is a killer deal!!!

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll be getting some soon. I bought the blacked out Big Horn and the factory cloth isn't cutting it for me. Will probably try to install myself.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
I ordered mine on line and found a guy to put it in for 250.00 dollars.
He said the center console takes as long as doing 2 seats.
If you are in Denver area and looking for some one shoot me a message.
FYI had to do mine as I had a Bear get in my truck and was cheaper than replacing them with factory cloth

Cottamscout2

Reaction score
I ordered mine on line and found a guy to put it in for 250.00 dollars.
He said the center console takes as long as doing 2 seats.
If you are in Denver area and looking for some one shoot me a message.
FYI had to do mine as I had a Bear get in my truck and was cheaper than replacing them with factory cloth

$250 is well worth it to have someone do it. Unfortunately, I am in Salt Lake City. Now about the bear . . . .

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
I have lived in the same place just out of Boulder for 18 yrs. First time ever with a bear getting in and both trucks
On the same night. The perp was able to open the unlocked rear passenger and driver door with the only damage being front seats and console.
I take a Fire pickup home at night and no damage in that one just mine.
I got lucky if the door closes than the pretty much total the inside trying to get out.

Cottamscout2

Reaction score
After calling around and getting prices and I am not finding a lot better here in SLC. I have started on the back seats and will figure out how the console is taken apart as well. I will try to update as I get through the installation. Given current schedule, probably just take my time and do just one seat each night so will take a bit but. If anyone has suggestions on removal always appreciated.

Cottamscout2

Reaction score
kind of a random question to see if someone wouldn't mind taking a picture of underneath the passenger seat who has a big horn edition with a manual seat I have two clips to attach the letter cover and I can't figure out where they clip onto. I thought it was straightforward but I can see to see where they go. Should be on the outside of the seat toward the door. Thanks

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
kind of a random question to see if someone wouldn't mind taking a picture of underneath the passenger seat who has a big horn edition with a manual seat I have two clips to attach the letter cover and I can't figure out where they clip onto. I thought it was straightforward but I can see to see where they go. Should be on the outside of the seat toward the door. Thanks

Not sure if this angle will get you what you need but here you go...

1548072154099.png

Let me know if you need a different angle and I'll see what I can do.

Cottamscout2

Reaction score
Not sure if this angle will get you what you need but here you go...

View attachment 14166

Let me know if you need a different angle and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for posting that helps do you mind also take anyone from behind the seat up towards the same area and I think that'll give me the other clip I'm looking for. I really appreciate the help.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
You should be able to. You just need the perforated leather. I am hoping to finish up tonight and can post some pics later.

Watching this thread too!!! Hope install went/going well Cottamscout2 definitely want to see pics.

Have to admit the deluxe cloth bucket seats don't feel bad at all. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread