5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just tried calling "Ram Cares" for the first time...

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I'm picking up my new truck this afternoon and thought...why not call this Ram Cares thing and see what that's like?

Ho lee crap

The woman that answered the phone sounded like she was half asleep. She couldn't answer a single question I asked (any programs or incentives for business owners?, can I use a Sam's Club discount code for $500 off?). When I gave her the vin all she could tell me was it was a Ram 1500.

If that's the level of person they have manning the phones, I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about Ram Cares being much more than something to make people think they have an advantage that isn't really there.

Try it yourself....

Apexcars

Reaction score
I actually found my RAM Cares rep to be pretty conscientious and helpful. He didn't have the answer that I needed so he called the dealership for me and got the answers from them for me.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I actually found my RAM Cares rep to be pretty conscientious and helpful. He didn't have the answer that I needed so he called the dealership for me and got the answers from them for me.
Good for you. I t took me 3 tries to get through where I didn't get hung up on. Once I did get through it didn't go well. Maybe a bad day.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm picking up my new truck this afternoon and thought...why not call this Ram Cares thing and see what that's like?

Ho lee crap

The woman that answered the phone sounded like she was half asleep. She couldn't answer a single question I asked (any programs or incentives for business owners?, can I use a Sam's Club discount code for $500 off?). When I gave her the vin all she could tell me was it was a Ram 1500.

If that's the level of person they have manning the phones, I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about Ram Cares being much more than something to make people think they have an advantage that isn't really there.

Try it yourself....
You could a’ called me, I’d have told you that you bought a 1500...

airgas1998

Reaction score
i'm truly sorry for your experience in reaching out to us. if you feel like initiating this further please don't hesitate to reach out to me through a pm. oh wait......

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Could be that the A Team has taken the day off to get a head start on the holiday weekend. Where I live, the schools have the whole week off, so a huge number of people take the week off for vacation.
Thats nice, ours got off Wednesday - Friday.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Always good to tag @RamCares in posts like these.

Hopefully someone that cares will read this and/or respond. (y)

Pyleketerson

Reaction score

Ho lee crap

Try it yourself....

I hope I don’t sound like a jerk but to me it sounds like you were just peppering questions to them. Ram Cares helped me when I was hit in a parking lot and needed a new bed panel. My dealership said there were none in stock anywhere and no ETA, so I called Ram Cares and they found one halfway across the country and had it shipped to my dealership. It took 3 months between that, dealing with the other driver’s insurance, and getting in to the body shop but I had a great experience with Ram Cares.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I hope I don’t sound like a jerk but to me it sounds like you were just peppering questions to them. Ram Cares helped me when I was hit in a parking lot and needed a new bed panel. My dealership said there were none in stock anywhere and no ETA, so I called Ram Cares and they found one halfway across the country and had it shipped to my dealership. It took 3 months between that, dealing with the other driver’s insurance, and getting in to the body shop but I had a great experience with Ram Cares.
No, you don't sound like a jerk. Reasonable assumption. I asked 2 questions. Can they tell me if I can use the Sam's Club $500 cash back certificate and are there any programs for business owners. That was it. I think I got the C or D team that day.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Just got a call back from them regarding another issue. The woman who took my call was great! Friendly, thoughtful, listened more than she talked. Perfect. She had some "brand mentor" call me back and he was terrible. Started off telling me he was the Jeep rep....then when I told him I didn't own a jeep he got huffy and proceeded to talk over me for 3 minutes. I tried to get a word in here and there but this guy just would not stop talking...lecturing me. If this is how FAC treats its customers I won't own this thing very long. $72000.00 for a truck and this is how we're treated?

@RamCares this is a very poor showing for you. Out of nearly 40 cars and trucks I've owned, this is my first Chrysler product and I've never had anyone be so rude and inconsiderate. I hope the calls are recorded and someone above him listens to my call and works with him so this doesn't happen again.

Lize

Reaction score
I may have completely misunderstood but isn't Ram Cares role to look after customers post purchase should they have problems or queries and sales incentives are dealt with by dealerships? Just wondering if that may be why they couldn't help with your questions.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I may have completely misunderstood but isn't Ram Cares role to look after customers post purchase should they have problems or queries and sales incentives are dealt with by dealerships? Just wondering if that may be why they couldn't help with your questions.
Not according to what they told me on the phone.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
Not according to what they told me on the phone.
I have had ZERO, I repeat, ZERO luck with RAM Cares! Don't bother calling out their @RamCares handle on threads either. They only step in if there is a manufacturer defect. They have NOT helped me for the past 2 weeks trying to get my brand new truck out of CSX Railroad jail, even though they know its been stuck there in Orlando since March 2nd. (Only 50 miles away) So close but an eternity away when you've been waiting for so long after you factory ordered a $72k truck.

Users who are viewing this thread