5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just received a quote for XPEL & Ceramic Coatings. Is this a good deal? What did you pay?

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
I have no real,experience with these new coatings. I have a 2019 Laramie Black Appearance package, so I asked him to quote XPEL in the front and ceramic all over.

Here’s what he said:
===========================

Attached is the plot patterns for your truck to help you understand the Xpel options. Included is also what Ceramic Pro packages include. Also, you can combine an Xpel Package to a Ceramic Pro Package or IGL and we will do a 10% Discount on all of it.
There are so much that we include in the services below as well. Of course we Wash vehicle in & out, decontaminate and also polish the area where we install Xpel. If a coating is being done as well, we polish the entire vehicle before we install the coating and Xpel.
For security reasons, your truck will be kept inside our shop at night and on camera 24/7. All of our installers are certified for Xpel, Ceramic Pro and IGL Kenzo. We take pride in making sure your vehicle is taken care of. As for how long the process will take, Xpel can be installed in 1 day and picked up the following day. If you add Ceramic Coating, 1 extra day for Bronze and Silver and IGL, and 2 days extra minimum for Gold for a total of between 2 days and 4 days to complete depending on packages.
We can also customize any of the packages to fit your wants.

XPEL
Xpel Package #1 – Bikini -
$950– 10 year warranty
Bumper, Bikini Hood, Bikini Fenders, and Mirrors along with front grill.

Xpel Package #2 – PARTIAL - $990 – 10 year warranty
Same as package 1 but hood and fenders extended up towards the windshield.

Xpel Package # 3 – FULL FRONT - $1,990 – 10 year warranty
FULL HOOD , FENDERS, BUMPER AND GRILL + Mirrors – Edge extensions included

NOTE: We can extend the edges and wrap them where we are able to for a small fee. These prices are for pattern install only.

CERAMIC PRO
Bronze – 2 year coating with warranty – Entire Exterior of Truck $890
Silver – 5 Year Coating with warranty – Entire Exterior of Truck $1190
Gold – Lifetime Coating with warranty – Entire Exterior of Truck $2,290

IGL Coatings

4 YEAR Kenzo Coating with warranty – Entire Exterior of Truck - $890

Hope that this provides the information that helps you make an informative decision. Anything Else I can do, please let me know.
If you would like to schedule your truck, email me as well.

Thank you for your interest in Xpel and Ceramic Pro
E89E9D00-CD92-4BEF-BD44-08EB53FAB1F8.png F80348B5-696A-431D-908C-C1D47E4C1E2B.png

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Also, what are IGL coatings??? No idea what to do here, looking for any insight you can share.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks! Would live to hear what others are paying as well.
I had quotes from $950 to $2200. Read a lot of both customer and product reviews.
I went with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra with EXO topper. I live in the Southeast, snow and salt are not a thing here, but bugs are. With the coating and windows tinted my OTD was $1750 with lifetime warranty. I can wash the truck with a dry detail cloth, crazy easy. One more thing, lots of threads on here already about this, search them out, really good info.

Last edited:

ericd

Reaction score
My XPEL guy quoted me $895 for the full front without the hood. And $695 for the full front bumper without with big sections underneath the lights.

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
I had quotes from $950 to $2200. Read a lot of both customer and product reviews.
I went with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra with EXO topper. I live in the Southeast, snow and salt are not a thing here, but bugs are. With the coating and windows tinted my OTD was $1750 with lifetime warranty. I can wash the truck with a dry detail cloth, crazy easy. One more thing, lots of threads on here already about this, search them out, really good info.

I live in Southeast Va, so snow and salt aren't that bad here either. But the wash and dry detail being easy, with a great bead when it rains without having to wax every few months would be awesome.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got my 2014 Outdoorsman done for $1000(Canadian). They did the front bumpers(upper and lower), grille, hood(12 inches) and wraps over fender, A pillars, roof(12 inches) and door sills(4).
Haven't been in yet to get a quote for my 2019 as I haven't got it yet. I used Suntek PPF C.

Cmoar

Reaction score
I just got a quote for Gtechniq, single pass paint correction, and 2 coats of Exo for 1400 5yr warranty or 1700 9yr warranty. I scheduled it for next Monday.

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
I just got a quote for Gtechniq, single pass paint correction, and 2 coats of Exo for 1400 5yr warranty or 1700 9yr warranty. I scheduled it for next Monday.
Interesting, thanks. Why the paint correction pads on a new truck?

Cmoar

Reaction score
The dealer washed it before I could stop them. I honestly didn’t even think of it until I got it home. It’s hardly noticeable, but I can’t unsee it in the sun and it makes me twitchy.

Last edited:

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
I polished my truck myself, then had Suntek PPE installed for $585 (it was $650, but my shop gives a 10% military discount). I then installed Gtechniq Crystal Serum Lite with two coats of Gtechniq EXO v4 on top. As long as you can properly prep the paint, installing the ceramic coating yourself is not hard at all. It is very tedious, but not hard. All together, it took me about 20 hours over three days to wash, prep, polish, and ceramic coat my truck.

Here is a video of the finished product:

ericd

Reaction score
Having had great results with my last XPEL truck I was torn about doing this new one because of the high cost. So as a compromise I did some of it myself. I just ordered the 10ft rolls of XPEL and covered the large areas of the front grill and bumpers in square and rectangular pieces. Everything came out really nice and the install wasn't very difficult. You cant even see the pieces in person. It's not 100% perfect as far as cutting every corner perfect as if it came off of a plotter, but for less than $100 I'm very pleased with the results.
IMG_7163.jpg 56376401298__52CA421A-B4F4-43DE-ADC0-B8C778AE7899.JPG

ericd

Reaction score
I polished my truck myself, then had Suntek PPE installed for $585 (it was $650, but my shop gives a 10% military discount). I then installed Gtechniq Crystal Serum Lite with two coats of Gtechniq EXO v4 on top. As long as you can properly prep the paint, installing the ceramic coating yourself is not hard at all. It is very tedious, but not hard. All together, it took me about 20 hours over three days to wash, prep, polish, and ceramic coat my truck.

I did the color n drive ceramic coating myself as well. Does your end result feel super smooth like a normal wax finish? Mine beads and runs off as it should but it doesn't have that super sleek, glassy feel like a regular wax. Just wondering if the ceramic should feel the same as a typical wax. Thanks

Last edited:

Myrd50

Reaction score
I had the system x pro ceramic coating put on which came with life time warranty. Cost me $1275. I also had the 3m 3m scotchgard clear film put on my truck which I think was pricey that was $850 but the whole front end is covered and the two mirrors.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I researched CQ finest and ceramic pro. If I do ceramic- I think I am going to pick CQ but the cost is up there. All the shops I have talked to have said that they need to paint correct even a new vehicle because none for perfect. Suntek PPF has zero orange peel when compared to Xpel but both are good product.

A full ceramic package was around 2,000 and 1500-2000 for the wrap depending on installer and what you wanted

(Full Hood, full bumper, lights) - $1010

Other suggestions

Partial Frontal (Full bumper, strip across the hood and fenders, mirrors, lights) - $830

Full Frontal (Full Bumper, full hood, full fenders, mirrors, lights) - $1550

Patriotmobiledetail

Reaction score
I will give you all my 2 cents..for what it is worth.

Ceramic coatings/nano coatings/titanium coatings..have all taken off as of recently.

The premise being the hard coating protection that these coatings give to the exterior of your vehicle. Several things that must be noted.

The PREP work for layering a ceramic clear (regardless of nano technology) is where the labor lies. Much like a paint job the blocking sanding primer body work, welding (if appropriate) and /or rust removal is KEY to a proper paint job not just the paint quality or the paint craftsmanship.

Im a detailer and I think nano coatings and ceramic coatings are the most OVERPRICED out there. There are astronomical claims that these coatings are scratch proof, wont degrade (as in lifetime) or anything like that.
Some are clearly better than others, yes...however, I say the method in which you maintain your car over the months of inclement weather, how you wash it, and how you dry it (this is an overlooked premise, Colorado where I live has some of the most mineralized HARD water ever, if you even as much as let it air dry for a bit, you WILL get hard water spots)...one way to alleviate this is spending on a true water softening system to remove these impurities however that will run you 4500 plus for a good one....is WAY more important than trying to ceramic coat or nano coat any paint.

Think of it that every single little wash and things you do or do not do (use brushes, use crappy soap, use beach towels to dry..etc) is way more important as the damage ADDS up quickly...for the record ceramic clears are scratch RESISTANT ( a lot of them) but definitely NOT scratch proof.

Anyway I digress, where I am going with this is really ascertain WHAT you want to accomplish with the layering and protection to your clear coat. I opt to use Adams Polishes Ceramic coatings, they are affordable, great quality, easy to apply and very DIY friendly. I do professional detailing and DO offer some Modesta or ceramic pro but only because of client preference.

I personally think paying over 700 for any coating is just astronomical.....even the bc titanium coating.....it is superior but just not worth it.

I am a firm believer in every year, stripping, claying and repolishing and reapplying ANY layering and protection, be it ceramic, traditional carnuba, or any other sealer.

I have had great experience with a product called Collinite 845 it is an insulation wax with a touch of carnuba. Easy to apply, it provides great protection on the paint for mag or salt or any other contaminant pretty much. It is an insulation wax that was formulated for high temp protection of painted surfaces around electrical or heat producting sources....and adapted to an automotive and marine application.

If you guys have any questions feel free to hit me up.

Im just saying remember there is HYPE and then there is actual PRACTICALLY to each application....again don't forget that prep (polishing swirl removal and clay constitutes 95% of the whole process to ceramic coating...) it is imperative that the paint be as clean and defect free as possible so you can ensure the best possible

OPTICAL CLARITY!

I am in Colorado, but do mobile work in Texas and New Mexico also.

Take care all!
Happy ceramic coating to all hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread