5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just installed Revel Leveling/Lift Links on my Limited with Air Suspension

Jigaloo

Reaction score
Hi,

I finally got my Revel leveling/lift links and installed them yesterday. I'm only interested in leveling the truck so just the front links were installed.

I've probably installed 10-15 level/lift kits, which normally takes me hours....sometimes a couple of days to install. :( I'm still amazed that within a few minutes the front of the truck is leveled.

Before installation the front measured 36.75" and the rear 38.75" After installation the front is now 38.5" and rear is 39". I'm happy these numbers, but can easily adjust if needed.

How's it Ride?
It's definitely more stiff. Revel's website states that it's similar to OR1 or OR2, and I agree. It doesn't bother me much. Most of my driving is on roads with few bumps now and then.

Next up, new tires (just ordered 305/55/20s) and wheels. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the links.

Thanks

RenoRam

Reaction score
Do you have before and after pics you can post?

Thanks

bln15

Reaction score
pics please, been debating this mod. Any tips on changing out the links?

Thanks

M

MEH_Longhorn

Recently found this kit as well and was looking for information on it, interested in lowering the rear of the truck for now. Sounds like a quick install, pop out/pop in...what 30min to an hour?

Jigaloo

Reaction score
I don't have before and after pics, but I'll take some after install pics this weekend.

The links are incredibly easy to install. I'd recommend using a trim/panel removal tool to pop off the old links (or wide screw driver). It should only take about 15-30 minutes to install.

bln15

Reaction score
Hi,

I finally got my Revel leveling/lift links and installed them yesterday. I'm only interested in leveling the truck so just the front links were installed.

I've probably installed 10-15 level/lift kits, which normally takes me hours....sometimes a couple of days to install. :( I'm still amazed that within a few minutes the front of the truck is leveled.

Before installation the front measured 36.75" and the rear 38.75" After installation the front is now 38.5" and rear is 39". I'm happy these numbers, but can easily adjust if needed.

How's it Ride?
It's definitely more stiff. Revel's website states that it's similar to OR1 or OR2, and I agree. It doesn't bother me much. Most of my driving is on roads with few bumps now and then.

Next up, new tires (just ordered 305/55/20s) and wheels. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the links.

Thanks
Your measurements are on "Normal" ride height setting? Can you still lower by setting to "Aero"? Any error messages when setting to OR1? Thanks

bln15

Reaction score
Interested. Any updates OP?
I have now added the leveling links, no tools needed, half hour total including adjustments to get the ride height where you want it. Easiest to just remove completely adjust then snap back in. Need to make sure the new links are on completely, feels like two separate clicks. Have mine adjusted so back is 1/2 inch higher than front. No real diff to the ride, already running "E" rated tires...

With the ~ 34" duratracs, measurement to the top of the wheel wells on "normal" are as follows. Dropping to Aero lowers both by 1"
Front-39.5"
Back-40"

The2ndlife

Reaction score
Hi,

How's it Ride?

Thanks
I would love to see the pictures when you have a chance.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear increased as well? Did you do 4 links?

RandyF

Reaction score
I am also interested in this kit... what are the max adjustments in height? If just using the front ones to level the truck out does it cause any system errors when lowering all the way down?

Reaction score
I think I'll pick this up.

Same boat as you, I just want the front same height as the rear: If I do this on stock 275/55 20"s, any error on Off Road height?

nebraskaram01

Reaction score
is there a video that shows how to do the Revel level? I have no idea how to do this.

Robalo

Reaction score
Checking to see if there are any updates on this? I’d love to know what your thoughts are after having them on your truck for a couple months. I’m wanting to increase the height of the front of my truck so it’s level with the back and this seems to be the most cost effective means.

IgorAfichuk

Reaction score
I do have a links- front only - on mine little over one month, it is ride little stiffer and whit swey bur hold corner just like sport truck :)) looks so much better...38 3/4 front and back... so pretty much looks like you on off-road 1 all the time... I will try upload couple pictures so you guys can see it..

Attachments

• 20190102_114845.jpg
    20190102_114845.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 572
  • 20190102_115307.jpg
    20190102_115307.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 562
  • 20181206_150251.jpg
    20181206_150251.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 562

IgorAfichuk

Reaction score
Hi,

How's it Ride?

Thanks
Just an idea how they would look - have a same exactly size...

Attachments

• 20181215_124646.jpg
    20181215_124646.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 366

EvoRAM

Reaction score
Finished putting together my links with parts from Grainger and had them on for about a week now. I first level 1 inch only (front: 38 7/8, rear: 39 7/8) and the ride didn’t change much. Went up another 1/2 inch and you can tell the ride definitely changed, more stiff, and OR1 is very bouncy.

I have 295/60/20 tires on inflated at 40 psi with measured height just under 33 inches.

g_svan

Reaction score
Finished putting together my links with parts from Grainger and had them on for about a week now. I first level 1 inch only (front: 38 7/8, rear: 39 7/8) and the ride didn’t change much. Went up another 1/2 inch and you can tell the ride definitely changed, more stiff, and OR1 is very bouncy.

I have 295/60/20 tires on inflated at 40 psi with measured height just under 33 inches.

Are you planing on installing the Daystar 2" spacers upfront? That and the links should bring it back to stock ride quality. I'm going with Daystar/Links and 295/65/20, but that's a couple of months away ;)

//g_svan

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/