5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got the conversion kit from MVI to go form 8.4 (no navigation) to the big 12" with everything!

sonnyspk

Reaction score
GREAT people to work with. Ordered and received within a week. I had the Local Ram dealership install ($100.) He used the cables and USB program that came with it. He had done several before, but this was a first from MVI. He was so impressed that he got the web address from me and his friend (who was looking for one) ordered one. The installer paired the new radio vin with my truck vin, so it is now considered "factory equipped". Price was $2400 but I sent my old radio back and they will give me up to $600. for it. Only had for a couple of days, but my Big Horn is now up there with the more expensive ones! LOVE IT.

Charliemkv

Reaction score
GREAT people to work with. Ordered and received within a week. I had the Local Ram dealership install ($100.) He used the cables and USB program that came with it. He had done several before, but this was a first from MVI. He was so impressed that he got the web address from me and his friend (who was looking for one) ordered one. The installer paired the new radio vin with my truck vin, so it is now considered "factory equipped". Price was $2400 but I sent my old radio back and they will give me up to $600. for it. Only had for a couple of days, but my Big Horn is now up there with the more expensive ones! LOVE IT.
Aww I would’ve bought your 8.4 off of you.

Ksiegel9

Reaction score
Yea,I have an 8.4 in a 2020 bighorn and would love to get the 12” screen. Can I get some more details about this?

sonnyspk

Reaction score
Their site does not list anything for Ram. And I'm looking to do the 12inch with NAV upgrade. Everywhere else I see is $4000.
They are in the process of updating their web site. Text them and they will take care of you and answer any questions. $2400 minus $600 for radio return, so net cost was $1800. Lot better than the 4k others post.

sonnyspk

Reaction score
Yea,I have an 8.4 in a 2020 bighorn and would love to get the 12” screen. Can I get some more details about this?
Text MVI! They will take care of you! I am totally pleased with my system.

Chief holley

Reaction score
Be careful. I had a horrible experience with them. The main guy, does nothing really with the Ram and his Ram guy is pretty damn unsociable. I purchase the kit only from them, I bought everything else from another forum member. Could not get the damn thing to work. At all. I gave up and bought a truck with everything I wanted. So now I have a 12" screen, the module, "their propriety kit", and the GPS cable just sitting in my garage in a bin.

Luisb

Reaction score
How
Be careful. I had a horrible experience with them. The main guy, does nothing really with the Ram and his Ram guy is pretty damn unsociable. I purchase the kit only from them, I bought everything else from another forum member. Could not get the damn thing to work. At all. I gave up and bought a truck with everything I wanted. So now I have a 12" screen, the module, "their propriety kit", and the GPS cable just sitting in my garage in a bin.

sonnyspk

Reaction score
That is why THEY SELL A COMPLETE SYSTEM! The guy who installed mine (at the dealership) had installed four of the $4k systems. This one from MVI was his first. With the program they provided he sailed right through it and had zero issues. He said he liked this system better and had his buddy (who was in the market for one) buy one. Best $1800 spent.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is why THEY SELL A COMPLETE SYSTEM! The guy who installed mine (at the dealership) had installed four of the $4k systems. This one from MVI was his first. With the program they provided he sailed right through it and had zero issues. He said he liked this system better and had his buddy (who was in the market for one) buy one. Best $1800 spent.
Still nothing on their website for 5th gens..... what gives? I like this price point way better than infotainment but how can I trust their product if they can't even keep their website up to date. Anyone else on here use MVI products for 5th gen?

sonnyspk

Reaction score
Still nothing on their website for 5th gens..... what gives? I like this price point way better than infotainment but how can I trust their product if they can't even keep their website up to date. Anyone else on here use MVI products for 5th gen?
CALL THEM AND TALK TO JEFF OR SEND A TEXT MESSAGE. They answered my text messages within 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread