5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jump Start pack Portable Car Jump Starter

Twoamen

Reaction score
Anyone have any opinion, pros/cons on one of these. Since the Ram let me set with a NO Start problem and a tow to dealer need some advice on whether these products any good? Not necessarily this specific model?
1576320171814.png

Attachments

• 1576320135276.png
    1576320135276.png
    667.1 KB · Views: 22

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I’ve used a few different brands, they work pretty good. Def need to know how to use them though. A super dead truck battery will drain one pretty good, but once going to charge it back up right away.

onelochevy

Reaction score
I keep a Schumacher jump starter in my daily driver. Ive jumped off 2 vehicles and been able to inflate an extremely low tire enough to get me home. Its saved my butt a few times.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
This is the one i have in my amazon cart it has good reviews and i have been researching it a lot. In one video up north a guy jumped like 7 or 8 cars off in the middle of a snow storm when all the vehicles were totally dead.
3A5EAE3E-7964-41B1-AD74-6512BE0E18AE.png

R

Rob5589

Noco GB40. Worked great the only time I needed it. (Not my Ram)

wirles

Reaction score
This is the one i have in my amazon cart it has good reviews and i have been researching it a lot. In one video up north a guy jumped like 7 or 8 cars off in the middle of a snow storm when all the vehicles were totally dead.
View attachment 41823
I have this model. We have used it to jump start the parent's SUV. Now the wife and I each have one in our vehicles and we have 2 more for our parents for Christmas this year. This was the only american company I could validate when I bought mine. There are also plenty of Youtube videos demonstrating and doing stress test on this model.

dailyherold

Reaction score
I have one very similar and love it. Saved me a few times with old jeep, haven't used yet with my truck, but it's ready in the ramboxes!

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
View attachment 41823
Just sent one to my daughter at college. Good reviews. It's just a lithium battery so...not much to em.

garyWnight

Reaction score
I have this jump start. The vehicle Jump Start Power is 12V. It has short circuit, over-charge, and over-heat protection, and works great now.

Attachments

• jump start.jpg
    jump start.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 46

Glenn54

Reaction score
I have two of the Noco GB-40 chargers. I keep one in each vehicle. I have not had to use one for the Ram but it's worked great a few times on my 95 F150 5.0 L. They are much more convenient than jumper cables.

parnine

Reaction score
For the guys with the Noco, do you store the unit in the cab (where it gets real hot in summer), and if so how many years have you had them where they keep working (holding the full charge)?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all who responds

Glenn54

Reaction score
I have one that is 3 or 4 years old and another a little over a year old. They both are kept in the vehicles all the time. One is in the cab and the other in the bed inside tool box. I have not noticed a problem. I try to remember to charge them every few months or so.

For the guys with the Noco, do you store the unit in the cab (where it gets real hot in summer), and if so how many years have you had them where they keep working (holding the full charge)?

rorischak

Reaction score
I have had a couple with pretty good results. I highly recommend watching this youtube for a review of a lot of common ones. FWIW this guy is awesome and very, very detailed. I purchased one based on his video and it is by far the best one I have used.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I have the Noco GB 70, had it for about 5 years now. Never had to boost my Rebel but have booster other vehicles. I just follow the instructions to charge it once a year depending on how many vehicles I boost.
Also use the Noco Genius G7200 smart charger twice as year to full charge battery in spring and fall.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have NOCO GB70s and an Aickar.

All three are great. One of the GB70s saved my bacon. Great to have...along with jumper cables and the usual tools, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread