5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOIN US TONIGHT FOR THE INTRODUCTION OF THE 2019 RAM HEAVY DUTY:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Teaser2.jpg

Hello everyone, we have been hard at work gathering all the information together to bring you the most indepth information about the 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty models as we can. When @Jared B and myself discovered that the upcoming Ram Heavy Duty models were going to be based off of the 4th generation Ram Heavy Duty models instead of being launched as 5th generation Ram Heavy Duty models, we decided to separate the 5thGenRams from the Heavy Duty information. We then created HDRams.com, which is the direct sister site to 5thGenRams.com.

We are inviting every one of the forum members to join us tonight at 12:01am EST Monday, January 14th on HDRams.com as we put together the best information we could involving the introduction of the Heavy Duty lineup for 2019. For those who think its just a mid-cycle refresh of the 4th generation Ram Heavy Duty, think again. Jared and I have been calling this 4.5 generation and you will see later tonight.

While the front page of 5thGenRams.com will have a link to HDRams.com to kick off the launch of these new trucks.

I will be in Detroit LIVE on the floor of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), covering the debut and talking to Ram officials about the new trucks. So if you have any questions, please feel free to comment below and we will try to get an answer for everything.

5thGenRams.com and HDRams.com will also be hosting the official debut of the trucks live on the front page of both sites. However, after that moment in time we will be releasing ALL information about the Heavy Duty product exclusively to HDRams.com.

Again, join us tonight at 12:01am EST to get the low down on the new 2019 Ram Heavy Duty lineup and then check back in with us at 9:10am EST to see the unveiling LIVE on HDRams.com and 5thGenRams.com.

redriderbob

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great work fellas!

Ask about the CD Player - if it will have one, will it be easily accessible, and if there is any discussion of maybe an 8 track.

I can answer that right now... but no 8-track, sorry...

IMG_5877.jpg

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jared B and @redriderbob

You said to post if there are any questions ...

When you guys are at the open chassis and with an FCA rep, will you please get some details on the shafts... and how they differ from the 1500s.

Recently in here, separate members are reporting that they have a 1 piece aluminum, and at least one other has a 2 piece, on a 3.92 4X4. Same configurations, but totally separate shaft systems.

I can see that maybe all 4X2s have a steel 2 piece.... but why would 4x4's with same axles have different shafts? If you can edge that question in while talking HD shafts, I would LOVE that.
I am guessing you guys ruled this out.

But was one a crew cab 6'4 bed with the 2 piece and the one without a crew cad 5'7 bed. Just curious...I didn't get a chance to check that thread out yet.

I would guess the HD driveshaft to be completely different.

Anxious to see what they find out.

ichime

Reaction score
Glad they went 1k for torque! Seems like if you want to get the high output without the dually, you'll need to get a 3500 SRW.

Overall, looks excellent even though it's a refresh

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
So, the LED taillights on the HD are inspired, as Jared says in the video, and are not a direct replace from the 5th gen 1500 bed light shape. Apparently fitted for the 4th gen bed, but with 5th gen look.

Does this mean, essentially, that the 4th gen owners out there can pretty much do a plug and play (maybe some reweiring) to get that led tail light?

Would the same also pretty much apply to the tailgate? Its a 4th gen bed, but with an aluminum tailgate and damper in the 5th right?

I'm hoping so because thats what I plan on doing to my truck. I'll probably be one of the first guinea pigs to find out.

@Jared B and @redriderbob

You said to post if there are any questions ...

When you guys are at the open chassis and with an FCA rep, will you please get some details on the shafts... and how they differ from the 1500s.

Recently in here, separate members are reporting that they have a 1 piece aluminum, and at least one other has a 2 piece, on a 3.92 4X4. Same configurations, but totally separate shaft systems.

I can see that maybe all 4X2s have a steel 2 piece.... but why would 4x4's with same axles have different shafts? If you can edge that question in while talking HD shafts, I would LOVE that.

I, unfortunately, didn't see this until just now. I believe with the 1500s the 1 and 2 piece shafts are based on wheelbase, where the longest truck (Crew 6'4 bed) would have the 2 piece shaft. With the HDs having a different frame and driveline I'm not sure how much it would correlate to the 1500s.

That said I can definitely look into it as I will be flying to Toronto in a few weeks for the Canadian Unveiling of the HDs and plan on getting a ton of footage so I can ask then, if not we will also be at the HD media drive next month so we can ask an engineer at the presentation there about it. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread