5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggiehorn's Build Thread

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey JBowman, I drew some big time inspiration from your thread here. Thanks for taking the time to do it. Here we go, we are blood brothers lol.

View attachment 135604 View attachment 135606 View attachment 135607 View attachment 135608
Haha nice! Took that inspiration and ran with it I see! Truck looks killer! I really like how your truck is sitting and it really makes me wish I went with a 6" lift that much more lol. Our trucks might be looking really similar here soon. I may or may not have the same blacked out OEM LED headlights coming my way! Thanks for sharing the photos. Feel free to keep us updated on your build!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the Fuel rebels and obviously so do many others. Have you seen the wheels Hennessey puts on his Ram 1500 Mammoth TRX ? I love these wheels and have been searching for a knockoff for my project, they are simple yet look like high quality. This is my first pick if I can find them. You have a beautiful truck overall well thought out. Google Hennessey Mammoth 1000 see what you think of those wheels. Maybe together we could find some knock offs. My wheels are the last thing to figure out before start my lift install.
Appreicate it man! Yeah, I've seen them and I do think they look pretty good. If I stick with 20" wheels, I'm most likely leaning towards the Satin Black Vossen HF6-4s in a 20x10 -18. I'm just not sure if I want to stay at 20's yet. I'm torn between looks and unsure which direction to take. I'm also considering dropping down to an 18" wheel. I have a couple options in mind, I'm just not sure on fitment since the brake caliper clearances are so tight.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Haha nice! Took that inspiration and ran with it I see! Truck looks killer! I really like how your truck is sitting and it really makes me wish I went with a 6" lift that much more lol. Our trucks might be looking really similar here soon. I may or may not have the same blacked out OEM LED headlights coming my way! Thanks for sharing the photos. Feel free to keep us updated on your build!
Ok here is some more. Put 20220729_182333.jpg the bed step on yesterday, much needed. Got some posing shots too lol

20220730_150028.jpg 20220730_150123.jpg 20220730_150143.jpg

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
8/7/2022

Not really a post I wanted to make but figured I’d share the story and truck’s current status. I dropped the truck off at the dealer on 8/6/2022 for its second service. Scheduled an oil/filter change, tire rotation, front end alignment (it was slightly out), and to address the trailer reverse steering module recall that’s currently open. I had a few short work related trips within FL coming up the following week, and I wanted to make sure all of that was taken care of before hitting the highway. To make a long story as short as possible, I picked the truck up later that day and it drove home completely fine. No issues. The next morning, my wife and I hop in the truck to go out for breakfast and when I hit the engine start button nothing happened. The accessories powered on but the engine didn’t turn over. It just clicked. I tried a second time and it fired up fine just like normal. As I’m letting the engine warm up, a number of warning indicators and messages popped up on the instrument cluster.

- Trailer TPMS Service Required
- Service Trailer Brake System
- Service Airbag System
- ParkSense Unavailable
- Service Wiper System

I checked the fault codes and to my surprise there was like 13 communication error codes stored in the system. I tried clearing and they immediately returned. I tried a few more simple things like disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, checked a few fuses, and went for a short drive to see if communication would restore and self correct. After the basics were unsuccessful I decided to take it right back to the dealer. A week went by with no answers.. They couldn’t figure it out. After the 5th or 6th day, they opened what I believe the advisor called a star case ticket with Chrysler to escalate the issue. I just got word back late this afternoon that the interior power distribution center was tested and failed. I asked if this was at all related to the recall work just performed and they said while unlikely, they can’t rule it out either way because they simply don’t know. They said everything on the truck appears completely normal and checked out okay otherwise. I asked if this was a common failure or known issue on these vehicles and was informed that it wasn’t to their knowledge. Good news is that it will be covered under warranty but the bad news is this is a back ordered part with an expected delay of 2-3 weeks. Supposedly there is only 13 in dealer inventory across the U.S. and they’re going to do everything within their power to get one of those sent our way. We’ll see how it goes, but as of right now it’s a waiting game. Just glad they have the problem identified. Hoping to get my hands on a loaner vehicle in the meantime so that I can at least try to get back to my normal routine with work as this last week has definitely complicated things with my travel.

I’ll shoot out an update once I hear more or get the truck back in my possession.

Attachments

• DCD80AF7-9742-4DE0-BAED-A72187BFF915.jpeg
    DCD80AF7-9742-4DE0-BAED-A72187BFF915.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 217EC7F0-82D5-46D4-AD71-E2A2EA0B7C56.jpeg
    217EC7F0-82D5-46D4-AD71-E2A2EA0B7C56.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 2740D354-5C8C-4947-ABF1-0932D185189B.jpeg
    2740D354-5C8C-4947-ABF1-0932D185189B.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 9ABAD6FC-6CB5-4438-8EB5-7B3BD926BE62.jpeg
    9ABAD6FC-6CB5-4438-8EB5-7B3BD926BE62.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 71

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Damn JBow that sucks dude. At least it will be fixed under warranty but that doesn't exactly give you a reassured feeling. I believe the dealer service departments just guess a lot of times, and sometimes they guess wrong. I would think had you just kept driving it this all wouldn't have happened. But who knows.

I hate when people say "that's just more stuff to go wrong and break", but damn if they aren't right sometimes.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a pretty crummy situation, but I'm just glad that the dealer is stepping up and handling it without any issue. You often read how dealers give people trouble with warranty related repairs, and my first thought when this happened was that they might try and blame one of my aftermarket parts or accessories. They haven't done that at all. It was actually quite the opposite. I had a few service advisors out there when I dropped it off the second time and they fell in love with the truck lol.

Got some decent news yesterday afternoon. They were able to locate the IPDC needed for the repair, and it should be delivered sometime tomorrow. If it arrives early enough, they said the truck might actually be fixed and ready to go by tomorrow evening, but if it doesn't come in time, I'll be looking at sometime Monday afternoon. That is a hell of a lot better than the 2-3 additional weeks they originally estimated.

Reaction score
8/7/2022

Not really a post I wanted to make but figured I’d share the story and truck’s current status. I dropped the truck off at the dealer on 8/6/2022 for its second service. Scheduled an oil/filter change, tire rotation, front end alignment (it was slightly out), and to address the trailer reverse steering module recall that’s currently open. I had a few short work related trips within FL coming up the following week, and I wanted to make sure all of that was taken care of before hitting the highway. To make a long story as short as possible, I picked the truck up later that day and it drove home completely fine. No issues. The next morning, my wife and I hop in the truck to go out for breakfast and when I hit the engine start button nothing happened. The accessories powered on but the engine didn’t turn over. It just clicked. I tried a second time and it fired up fine just like normal. As I’m letting the engine warm up, a number of warning indicators and messages popped up on the instrument cluster.

- Trailer TPMS Service Required
- Service Trailer Brake System
- Service Airbag System
- ParkSense Unavailable
- Service Wiper System

I checked the fault codes and to my surprise there was like 13 communication error codes stored in the system. I tried clearing and they immediately returned. I tried a few more simple things like disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, checked a few fuses, and went for a short drive to see if communication would restore and self correct. After the basics were unsuccessful I decided to take it right back to the dealer. A week went by with no answers.. They couldn’t figure it out. After the 5th or 6th day, they opened what I believe the advisor called a star case ticket with Chrysler to escalate the issue. I just got word back late this afternoon that the interior power distribution center was tested and failed. I asked if this was at all related to the recall work just performed and they said while unlikely, they can’t rule it out either way because they simply don’t know. They said everything on the truck appears completely normal and checked out okay otherwise. I asked if this was a common failure or known issue on these vehicles and was informed that it wasn’t to their knowledge. Good news is that it will be covered under warranty but the bad news is this is a back ordered part with an expected delay of 2-3 weeks. Supposedly there is only 13 in dealer inventory across the U.S. and they’re going to do everything within their power to get one of those sent our way. We’ll see how it goes, but as of right now it’s a waiting game. Just glad they have the problem identified. Hoping to get my hands on a loaner vehicle in the meantime so that I can at least try to get back to my normal routine with work as this last week has definitely complicated things with my travel.

I’ll shoot out an update once I hear more or get the truck back in my possession.
Hate to hear this. I have to say and really at this point it doesn't matter but I would be very surprised if the dealer didn't induce this issue. Good to hear the dealer is standing behind you.

I have a question about your wheel and tire setup. How far out of the sheet metal do your wheels stick out with the -18 offset? I'm going to put match painted fender flares on my truck that have two inches of coverage, I like the wheels to come close to the edge of flares maybe just inside on the top side. I've looked at allot of pics appears -19 looks close but you just don't know how accurate the specs posted are.

Thank you for your time, best of luck with repairs on your truck

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hate to hear this. I have to say and really at this point it doesn't matter but I would be very surprised if the dealer didn't induce this issue. Good to hear the dealer is standing behind you.

I have a question about your wheel and tire setup. How far out of the sheet metal do your wheels stick out with the -18 offset? I'm going to put match painted fender flares on my truck that have two inches of coverage, I like the wheels to come close to the edge of flares maybe just inside on the top side. I've looked at allot of pics appears -19 looks close but you just don't know how accurate the specs posted are.

Thank you for your time, best of luck with repairs on your truck
Appreciate it, still no update on the truck. It’s been about 4 or 5 days since I’ve heard anything from them at all so planning to check in with them today. My job is like a mile down the road from this dealer so I may swing in after work too just to see what things are looking like.

As far as the tires, they stick out about 1.5”-2”. Maybe a tad more. Just a guess, but it would probably sit close to flush with the flares you mentioned. This is an older photo, but should give you an idea.

Attachments

• FD1A49D1-BB6E-4FE7-B510-BAA45122F294.jpeg
    FD1A49D1-BB6E-4FE7-B510-BAA45122F294.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 77

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haha yeah, I did a couple test runs climbing in and out of the bed this afternoon and immediately wished I installed one sooner lol.

Thanks! Appreciate it!
Do you have a link to the one you bought? TIA

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the one you bought? TIA
Shot ya a message of the link I bought from. I’d suggest shopping around though because the link I used has since went up nearly $60. You can get these much cheaper than that and all of the links are pretty much the exact same thing so I wouldnt get stuck on buying from a specific link on eBay.
Love the step by step accessories. Just realized you are just south of me. I’m in clermont.
Appreciate it! I love keeping a chronological order of parts and events on my vehicles. Makes it cool to look back on and see the changes. Awesome, you’re not to far away at all! Clermont is a nice area, and like the rest of central Florida, it’s booming lol.
Needs oem style flares colormatched of course.
I go back and forth here. Some days I want to add OEM style flares, and other days I like the simplicity and clean look without them. I think both with/without offers a good look. I’m just not sure how the quality is on the aftermarket OEM style flare options. So many mixed reviews out there.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any new update on your truck JBowman?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Nope. Not good news at least. I’ve been given 4 or 5 different dates that the replacement parts were expected to arrive at the dealer and all of those dates have come and gone. Strange thing is I was told the part was marked as shipped weeks ago. I was last told that the part was going to arrive on 9/6 and when I requested an update today I was told the part’s delivery date was now updated as TBD. So I’ve been without my truck for 37 days now and the dealer finally granted me a loaner vehicle today after my third request. I get to go pick that up tomorrow morning so at least I’ll have some wheels for the time being. I consider myself as one of the most patient people out there and I understand things happen but I’m pretty burnt out at this point. I know the delay isn’t entirely the dealer’s fault either, but the entire situation has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. Not good news at least. I’ve been given 4 or 5 different dates that the replacement parts were expected to arrive at the dealer and all of those dates have come and gone. Strange thing is I was told the part was marked as shipped weeks ago. I was last told that the part was going to arrive on 9/6 and when I requested an update today I was told the part’s delivery date was now updated as TBD. So I’ve been without my truck for 37 days now and the dealer finally granted me a loaner vehicle today after my third request. I get to go pick that up tomorrow morning so at least I’ll have some wheels for the time being. I consider myself as one of the most patient people out there and I understand things happen but I’m pretty burnt out at this point. I know the delay isn’t entirely the dealer’s fault either, but the entire situation has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.
Sad to hear this. Ridiculous how they waited after two requests for a loaner to approve. Begs me to wonder, my truck is “scheduled” to be finished tomorrow, yet, when my service advisor updated me today, she offered a loaner. I’m good, cuz I got another vehicle, but offer a rental for a day or so…good customer service, or a set up? Jus saying…
Kudos on you for your patience. If not for my 2nd car, I’d be all snapped, but that’s just me. 😜 good luck brother.

Users who are viewing this thread