5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggiehorn's Build Thread

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking good. I just added all leds to my halogen night edition tail lights because I can’t bring myself to pay that kinda money for led tail lights.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking good. I just added all leds to my halogen night edition tail lights because I can’t bring myself to pay that kinda money for led tail lights.
Thanks! I agree it probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever spent my money on lol. Once I sell my halogen tails that will put me down $695 for the set of these. So basically $350 a piece for new OEM LED tails with the blind spot module isn't too terrible when looking at it that way. That is what I'm going to tell myself at least haha.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Thanks! I agree it probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever spent my money on lol. Once I sell my halogen tails that will put me down $695 for the set of these. So basically $350 a piece for new OEM LED tails with the blind spot module isn't too terrible when looking at it that way. That is what I'm going to tell myself at least haha.
I've used this same line of reasoning multiple times for buying mods on both my vehicles. "If I sell this part for that part, then I'm really only spending x amount of money..." It doesn't always work out that way but it makes me feel better. But I'm an accountant for a living so if anyone ever questions you, just tell them your financial advisor approves :ROFLMAO:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've used this same line of reasoning multiple times for buying mods on both my vehicles. "If I sell this part for that part, then I'm really only spending x amount of money..." It doesn't always work out that way but it makes me feel better. But I'm an accountant for a living so if anyone ever questions you, just tell them your financial advisor approves :ROFLMAO:
That is it exactly lol. Sometimes you just got to stop and talk yourself through it a little bit until it all starts to make sense!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1/11/2022
Adding Automatic Rain Sensing Wipers

There are a lot of mixed reviews on here about the value of adding the rain sensor wipers, but I figured for as simple and inexpensive this addition is, it is worth adding in my opinion. If I end up becoming annoyed by the feature like many of the others do on here then I will just turn it off. I'll only be out the cost of the sensor so not a huge loss overall. If I'm being honest, I was really just looking for another simple project to do and use AlfaOBD on lol.
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg

I've been acquiring the parts (and courage) to tackle the passive entry project for awhile now. I will say that not having passive entry was one of the most disappointing discoveries after purchasing the Ram. I failed to realize that it was not equipped with passive entry until the next morning when I went out and grabbed my door handle. I just assumed that the truck had it and I didn't think about it until well after the deal was done. My previous car had this feature, and after having it for nearly 8 years, it has been quite a challenge to readapt without it. I laugh as I type this because of how petty it sounds. Especially when my first car didn't have remote keyless entry, and with it being an older GM vehicle, it had two separate keys. One to open the door and another to start the vehicle lol. Don't even get me started about the manual roll up windows or lack of A/C either! Regardless, I got the last shipment of parts in for the passive entry yesterday. Once I find a free weekend I'm going to attempt to get everything installed on the truck. The how-to thread doesn't seem too terribly difficult but I also don't want to underestimate it either. I'm a little nervous, but also eager to knock this project out.

42.jpg

Last edited:

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love the rain sensing, I makes it another thing that I really don't need to fiddle with when driving. I hope you enjoy it!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love the rain sensing, I makes it another thing that I really don't need to fiddle with when driving. I hope you enjoy it!
It almost seems like an even divide. People either love it or hate it. I've never had it on any of my vehicles and once I realized that I could add it to the truck for $60 my mind was made up.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Passive entry was a must-have for me, along with the blind spot monitor. The rain-sensing wipers are...okay I guess. They don't work too well for snow. If my next vehicle didn't have them, I wouldn't care.

Auto high-beams on the other hand, are fantastic. This is my first vehicle with them and I don't think I want one without them now.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Passive entry was a must-have for me, along with the blind spot monitor. The rain-sensing wipers are...okay I guess. They don't work too well for snow. If my next vehicle didn't have them, I wouldn't care.

Auto high-beams on the other hand, are fantastic. This is my first vehicle with them and I don't think I want one without them now.
I regretted buying a truck that didn't come with passive or blind spot. I really miss it from my last car. I'm hoping to have both added as soon as possible because I agree, it is a must have.

I've driven a few cars with auto high beams and I really liked the feature. I see that it can be added to the trucks relatively easily, so I may look to add that at some point down the line.

Last edited:

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to live in the burbs where I hardly ever needed my high's but now I'm out in the country (relatively speaking) and use them quite often, but there's also still a decent amount of traffic on the main roads and it's so nice to not have to flick them on and off, sometimes every few seconds.

Looks to me like you could add pretty much anything you want with your skills! Been fun watching your "low-trim" Bighorn morph into a nicely optioned beast :cool:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It almost seems like an even divide. People either love it or hate it. I've never had it on any of my vehicles and once I realized that I could add it to the truck for $60 my mind was made up.
There are complaints about the rain sensing windshield wipers? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are complaints about the rain sensing windshield wipers? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
When it snows, my windshield is basically pasted over before it realizes it needs to wipe, even at the highest/most sensitive setting.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to live in the burbs where I hardly ever needed my high's but now I'm out in the country (relatively speaking) and use them quite often, but there's also still a decent amount of traffic on the main roads and it's so nice to not have to flick them on and off, sometimes every few seconds.

Looks to me like you could add pretty much anything you want with your skills! Been fun watching your "low-trim" Bighorn morph into a nicely optioned beast :cool:
Thank you. Really appreciate it. It has been fun transforming it for sure. Looking back at it, I probably should have purchased a higher trim level to begin with, but I thought my Bighorn had pretty much everything I wanted until I found this group of Ram enthusiasts lol.

Yeah pretty common too from what I've read. Some people say that even on the lightest sensitivity level, it activates the wipers way too frequently for their liking when in rain. And then like AngelPhoenix stated, I see people mention snow also being an issue.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. Really appreciate it. It has been fun transforming it for sure. Looking back at it, I probably should have purchased a higher trim level to begin with, but I thought my Bighorn had pretty much everything I wanted until I found this group of Ram enthusiasts lol.
Haha I know what you mean, I was practically bullied into getting a Hellwig and it was totally worth it.

"It's a no-brainer upgrade, just get it!"

"Okay, I mean, I do have a brain so..."

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Yeah pretty common too from what I've read. Some people say that even on the lightest sensitivity level, it activates the wipers way too frequently for their liking when in rain. And then like AngelPhoenix stated, I see people mention snow also being an issue.
I haven't had any issues with them in rain or snow. My only experience with rain sensing wipers before my Ram are my wife's Lexus and Porsche. Both of those systems were/are useless.

Users who are viewing this thread