5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggiehorn's Build Thread

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just crossed over 1 year of ownership back on 5/22/22. Feels like I've had this truck forever and at the same time it seems like I just signed the paperwork yesterday. One year, approximately 10,500 miles later and I have no regrets. I'm just as happy with this purchase as I was back on day one, if not even happier now because I've made it my own. Speaking of making it my own, I decided to recap with a list of pretty much everything I have done to it over the previous 12 months.
  • Spray In Bed Liner
  • Ceramic Window Tint
  • TAC Straight Bar Side Steps
  • Bumper Plugs
  • 3W All Weather Floormats
  • Enixwill Tow Hooks
  • Autmatch Shackle Hitch
  • 3.5" ReadyLIFT SST Kit
  • 20x10 -18 Fuel Rebel Wheels
  • 35x12.5x20 Kenda Klever Tires
  • VLAND LED Reflector HeadLights
  • Rough Country Black Series Light Bar
  • Lasfit Interior LED Lights
  • Lasfit LED Fog Lights
  • Infinity Reference Dash Speakers
  • Built To Serve Edition Seat Covers
  • Rexing V1-4K Dash Camera
  • B2 Fab Round Muffler & Res Delete
  • Bulletpoint Phone Mount
  • Recon LED 3rd Brake Light
  • OEM Night Edition LED Taillights
  • Added Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Added Passive Entry
  • Added Blind Spot Monitoring
  • Blacked Out Sport Decals
And here are a couple of before/after pictures just for the hell of it.

33D8B899-A66F-466C-ACF7-D822B21B2B9B.jpeg
95650C00-3CED-4BA4-9D5F-6FA24F6ABC62.jpeg
090D1F17-A4F6-45E7-A0FA-C3422391E5BC.jpeg

Looking forward, I've got several items still on my wish list that I would like to add to the truck. I'm not sure if a build is ever really finished, but these are the things that I have my eyes on the most.
  • BAK Revolver X4S Bed Cover ( I have already ordered and it just arrived today. A separate post will be added for that)
  • Power Folding Tow Mirrors W/ BSM (Still backordered and I cannot seem to source anywhere right now)
  • Amp Research Power Steps
  • OEM/similar bed step
  • OEM Bed Lights
  • Rock Lights? (I'm still on the fence with these. I'm considering just buying true white lights to help accent the truck. I don't have much desire for RGBW but that could change lol)
  • 33 Gallon Fuel Tank (I've wanted to add this for awhile, seems pretty straightforward and it isn’t very expensive to add since I have the 26 gallon currently. Low priority, but would be cool to have)
  • Wheels? (Love the Fuel Rebels, but man they are just too common. Everyone runs them. Also a very low priority, but I would like to eventually sell the Fuel Rebels and throw on a different set of wheels to change things up a bit)
I’ll leave this post with a recent photo I dropped on my Instagram. I didn’t think it was anything special, but it has managed to rack up almost 4k likes in just a few days so I’m assuming that the people must love it lol.

5F8A1548-B5F2-4354-9922-40FC26AD4FC0.jpeg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I just crossed over 1 year of ownership back on 5/22/22. Feels like I've had this truck forever and at the same time it seems like I just signed the paperwork yesterday. One year, approximately 10,500 miles later and I have no regrets. I'm just as happy with this purchase as I was back on day one, if not even happier now because I've made it my own. Speaking of making it my own, I decided to recap with a list of pretty much everything I have done to it over the previous 12 months.
  • Spray In Bed Liner
  • Ceramic Window Tint
  • Bumper Plugs
  • Enixwill Tow Hooks
  • Autmatch Shackle Hitch
  • 3.5" ReadyLIFT SST Kit
  • Lasfit LED Fog Lights
  • Added Passive Entry

View attachment 130332
View attachment 130335
View attachment 130334

Looking forward, I've got several items still on my wish list that I would like to add to the truck. I'm not sure if a build is ever really finished, but these are the things that I have my eyes on the most.
  • BAK Revolver X4S Bed Cover ( I have already ordered and it just arrived today. A separate post will be added for that)
  • Power Folding Tow Mirrors W/ BSM (Still backordered and I cannot seem to source anywhere right now)
  • OEM/similar bed step
  • OEM Bed Lights
  • Rock Lights? (I'm still on the fence with these. I'm considering just buying true white lights to help accent the truck. I don't have much desire for RGBW but that could change lol)
  • 33 Gallon Fuel Tank (I've wanted to add this for awhile, seems pretty straightforward and it isn’t very expensive to add since I have the 26 gallon currently. Low priority, but would be cool to have)
  • Wheels? (Love the Fuel Rebels, but man they are just too common. Everyone runs them. Also a very low priority, but I would like to eventually sell the Fuel Rebels and throw on a different set of wheels to change things up a bit)
I’ll leave this post with a recent photo I dropped on my Instagram. I didn’t think it was anything special, but it has managed to rack up almost 4k likes in just a few days so I’m assuming that the people must love it lol.

View attachment 130336
What a transformation! You took it from a plain, old man truck into a beast. Nice job.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp it’s old now time to trade in on a 23 and start all over
Haha right! That sounds like a great plan but my wife would murder me! Lol funny you say that though because I already joke around with her about trading it in for a new one pretty regularly. I tend to hang on to my vehicles forever though, so I’m sure I’ll have this truck for many more years. It took nearly 7 years to finally talk myself into buying a new truck, it’ll probably take twice that long for me to consider letting it go!

Well done, sir. Your before and after pics are priceless. Definitely NOT the same truck it was. 👍👊🏽
Really appreciate it! It took some time, money, and effort, but I’m loving every minute of it. It has been so rewarding to watch it transform.

What a transformation! You took it from a plain, old man truck into a beast. Nice job.
Thanks man! It’s crazy, I never realized how basic and plain it actually looked when I bought it. I was new to the Ram world, and I remember thinking how luxurious, and high-end looking I thought it was when I bought it lol. Now that I’ve become more familiar with Ram’s lineup and my own truck, I can’t help but look back and realize how basic it really was. You’re 100% right! It was definitely an old man truck 😂

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
  • Spray In Bed Liner
  • Ceramic Window Tint
  • Bumper Plugs
  • Enixwill Tow Hooks
  • Autmatch Shackle Hitch
  • 3.5" ReadyLIFT SST Kit
  • Lasfit LED Fog Lights
  • Added Passive Entry

View attachment 130332
View attachment 130335
View attachment 130334

• OEM/similar bed step
  • OEM Bed Lights

View attachment 130336
Looks great!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5/24/2022
BAK Revolver X4S

I was able to get the X4S installed last night, and I'm really satisfied with the product so far. A bed cover is something that I have wanted since shortly after buying the truck, but I have been unable to make up my mind and decide on which one to purchase. I've done a ton of research for the last 6-8 months, and I finally landed on the X4S. I like the convenience (and price point) of soft rollup covers, but I knew I wanted something more durable and secure. Hard tri-fold and quad-fold covers are some of the best looking in my opinion, but I didn't like the idea of the cover blocking all visibility out of the back window when folded up or even leaning against the cab like certain brands can have the tendency of doing. Retractable covers are phenomenal, but slightly out of the price range I wanted to stay in, and I also don't like how you have to sacrifice a portion of your bed space to hold the canister. Being a motorcycle guy, that was a sacrifice I couldn't make as dirt bikes/atvs/motorcycles would no longer comfortably fit without removing the cover. The X4S doesn't check off all of my boxes, but I think it is the best overall fit for me when all things mentioned above are considered.

I also want to thank RealTruck for taking care of me with their generous forum member discount pricing. I got several quotes on this cover before purchasing, and RealTruck had the best pricing by far.

28765FD3-6C60-4B2C-B0D0-6272823DF17B.jpeg
C4CE7B25-1A99-493F-911D-AF276DBF694F.jpeg
9A4CADB7-3C1E-45DD-B80E-FB587771D539.jpeg
6356A1A5-43D7-4C7C-B4D4-A963BAF41F6C.jpeg

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5/30/2022 - Stepping My Game Up!
Amp Research PowerSteps

Have you ever came across a deal so good that you could not look away from it? Well... That happened... To me.... Again.... I've wanted these steps since day one but have held off due to their price. I was hopeful that I would eventually come across a decent used set and that is ultimately what I was holding out for. I never expected to snag a brand new set of these at the price I just did. A coupon code was floating around in a few of the Ram groups online claiming it was good for 50% off certain products (Amp Steps being one of them). Seemed far too good of an offer to be true, but I submitted it and to my surprise it actually came up as a valid promo code. It didn't take much convincing at that point to add my credit card info and click the checkout button lol. They were dropped off at my front door a few days later. I wasn't looking forward to the install, but it honestly was a breeze. It all went very smoothly. I chose to solder all of my connections on the LED step lights rather than use the included wire connectors with the kit. It created a cleaner install in my opinion. A local guy with with an awesome Ram Rebel is meeting up with me this weekend to buy the original side steps I had on the truck. That will recoup a few more bucks on top of the discount savings. I'm pretty stoked to say the least! I really liked the look and styling of the fixed steps that I had on the truck before, but these are next level. The truck looks great with these installed and I love that it adds a taller appearance with the additional ground clearance.

AB49E785-AF98-43E5-A372-2DE2BBE05358.jpeg
30C5F4E7-4DCA-4D51-9A73-2340C38A746E.jpeg
9CE40B0E-9C38-47F8-9B14-2500588BEF54.jpeg
B1B5DDD3-BC9D-4BA4-B885-85824FB09EF9.jpeg
14BD956F-69EC-47C0-A48A-26C08D659908.jpeg
226CFC11-177A-4F7A-82DA-3F6D4A885DC9.jpeg
66905073-d76c-4caf-ad4e-20dce2a42058-jpeg.131158
C01CDAEE-5163-460F-B71E-F52BC63F4572.jpeg
381C6852-B389-401F-BF81-D5193A641ED4.jpeg

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t beat that price I paid almost twice that lol worth it either way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
5/30/2022 - Stepping My Game Up!
Amp Research PowerSteps - $824.50

Have you ever came across a deal so good that you could not look away from it? Well... That happened... To me.... Again.... I've wanted these steps since day one but have held off due to their price. I was hopeful that I would eventually come across a decent used set and that is ultimately what I was holding out for. I never expected to snag a brand new set of these at the price I just did. A coupon code was floating around in a few of the Ram groups online claiming it was good for 50% off certain products (Amp Steps being one of them). Seemed far too good of an offer to be true, but I submitted it and to my surprise it actually came up as a valid promo code. It didn't take much convincing at that point to add my credit card info and click the checkout button lol. They were dropped off at my front door a few days later. I wasn't looking forward to the install, but it honestly was a breeze. It all went very smoothly. I chose to solder all of my connections on the LED step lights rather than use the included wire connectors with the kit. It created a cleaner install in my opinion. A local guy with with an awesome Ram Rebel is meeting up with me this weekend to buy the original side steps I had on the truck. That will recoup a few more bucks on top of the discount savings. I'm pretty stoked to say the least! I really liked the look and styling of the fixed steps that I had on the truck before, but these are next level. The truck looks great with these installed and I love that it adds a taller appearance with the additional ground clearance.

View attachment 131152
View attachment 131184
View attachment 131153
View attachment 131154
View attachment 131155
View attachment 131160
66905073-d76c-4caf-ad4e-20dce2a42058-jpeg.131158
View attachment 131161
View attachment 131159
Changes the whole look of the truck.. looks great!

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice score! Blends well into your exterior when stowed and changed the whole side view of your truck.
Good job, sir!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t beat that price I paid almost twice that lol worth it either way!
Sure can’t! I was shocked and quite honestly didn’t think it was legit. I didn’t believe it until that package hit my doorstep. I was like for that price, I’m definitely going to get some cheap knockoff crap from Wish lol

Changes the whole look of the truck.. looks great!
Thank you!
I agree. I used to like the look of fixed side steps, but as soon as saw the power running boards on my neighbors Limited, I had to have them. So clean.
I had seen them in person, but never up close enough to really check out the build quality. I definitely see why they cost so much now. Premium product all around.

Nice score! Blends well into your exterior when stowed and changed the whole side view of your truck.
Good job, sir!
It does. They’re almost invisible when not in use! Thanks, appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread