5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggiehorn's Build Thread

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m only a few pages into your thread, after having the 3rd brake light for some years what are your final impressions. I tried to search for your thread on the write up on it but can’t seem to find it

I still have mine from when the op originally got his. I still have zero issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRD

Reaction score
I still have mine from when the op originally got his. I still have zero issues with it.

Did you caulk yours to add extra seal and protection?

Truck looks killer btw I like the stance/wheel combo

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A couple of small additions over the last week or so…

1) Finally decided to grab the Auxbeam switch panel mount for the center console. I don’t know why I waited so long to do this. I’ve wanted it since I first came across the product. Really happy with the look and fitment. Not to mention it is also quite easy to reach the switches there. I previously had the panel up on my BulletPoint mount, and this looks so much cleaner.

IMG_9978.jpeg

2) Ultimate9 evcX throttle controller. I have had my eyes on this for quite some time. I really love the clean design and small footprint of their unit. It’s reviewed highly and it also has some pretty cool features on it as well. Ultimate9 hooked me up with their evcX (their premium throttle controller) in exchange for some content and an honest review. They did give me a discount code too, so if anyone is interested in grabbing one and wants to take advantage of the savings, just shoot me a DM. I’ve only had this unit installed for a few days now, but man am I enjoying it so far! I finally understand the hype and excitement behind throttle controllers. Pretty cool little device. Will provide a longer term update on this once I get some additional time with it.
IMG_9968_jpg.jpeg

3) Just a random photo dump lol.
IMG_9498.jpeg
IMG_9825.jpeg
IMG_9786.jpeg

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Feel free to enter if there is any interest. Ultimate9 sponsored a 10k follower giveaway for my Instagram page. They will be giving away one of their evcX throttle controllers ($250 value) once my account hits 10k followers.

All details can be found on the post that is pinned on my Instagram account.

Instagram.com/Biggiehorn

IMG_0511.jpeg

Last edited:

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Feel free to enter if there is any interest. Ultimate9 sponsored a 10k follower giveaway for my Instagram page. They will be giving away one of their evcX throttle controllers ($250 value) once my account hits 10k followers.

All details can be found on the post that is pinned on my Instagram account.

Instagram.com/Biggiehorn

View attachment 170309
What if we don't have 3 friends

bolo1g2

Reaction score
did you cut your front lower grill to flush mount the light bar? did you have to change your mounting bracket?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did you cut your front lower grill to flush mount the light bar? did you have to change your mounting bracket?

I swapped the solid lower grille out for the mesh style lower grille that comes on the eco diesel models (part no. 68334531AD). To hold the light bar, I’m running the Rough Country 20” light bar mounting brackets. The entire bar mounts behind the mesh lower grille giving it that hidden look.

bolo1g2

Reaction score
I swapped the solid lower grille out for the mesh style lower grille that comes on the eco diesel models (part no. 68334531AD). To hold the light bar, I’m running the Rough Country 20” light bar mounting brackets. The entire bar mounts behind the mesh lower grille giving it that hidden look.
I got your truck confused with Mpfifer from your IG. There's a close up pic of his light bar and it appears he has it flush mounted to the lower grill and the grill is cut. I reached out to him to see how he did his mount. Your truck is awesome. I have the same set up as you right now, but I kind of like the look of the strand light bar in Mpfifer's pics. Thanks!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I've posted here, and that is honestly because work has been kicking my butt lately! I was traveling most of November, part of December, and it appears that I'll be traveling the second half of January. I haven't had a chance to do too much to the truck at all because of it, but I can drop a couple of part updates and an upcoming project or two.

JMakes.AZ sent me a new glove box emblem back in November. The emblem is made with a new material she is using, and I think it looks significantly better than the previous version. It has more of a matte style finish to it, and resembles the OEM badge more closely which is exactly what I originally wanted. Very happy with how this piece turned out.
IMG_0555.jpeg

I swapped out my stainless B2 Fabrication exhaust tips with their ceramic black version. While the stainless really popped against the black paint, I really like how subtle the ceramic black tips look on the truck. The matte finish ties in perfectly with all the exterior's other matte black accents.
IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_1394.jpeg
RAM Trucks shared one of my photos on their social media pages not too long ago, and I was super stoked by that. Figured I'd share!
IMG_0631.jpeg

Upcoming Projects
- 33 Gallon Fuel Tank Swap - Managed to grab all of the parts from a forum member on here new and unused. He was local to me and had everything needed to complete the swap. Whenever I can manage to find the time, I'll tackle the swap.
- JL Stealthbox Install - I have had the JL Stealthbox for probably 6-9 months now, and I still haven't installed it. It is fitted with the two 12" subs and I got an absolutely incredible deal on it from a guy that traded in his truck and just wanted to get the box out of his garage. I haven't installed it yet as I strongly considered flipping it for a profit. I've had it so long at this point I figure I might as well just install the thing and enjoy it lol. I still need to source everything else needed for the install, but I plan on making this project a priority after the fuel tank swap.

I've got one or two other projects in the works, but will hold off on mentioning those until I'm fully certain with which route I'm going to take.

Some recent photos to finish this post off...
IMG_0602.jpeg
IMG_1230.jpeg
IMG_1240.jpeg
IMG_1171.jpeg

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally managed to get the 33 gallon fuel tank swap knocked out! Thanks again to @John89 for the hookup on all of the parts!

The tank swap itself wasn’t too bad to do. Having an extra set of hands made the job considerably easier. We did manage to run into a small issue but I was glad that we were able to track down the problem and get it resolved quickly. Although we were super careful during the swap, we must have put slightly too much tension on the fuel pump harness. Doing so, caused the pin for the fuel level sensor to break inside the connector. Unfortunately, we were unaware of the issue until well after we had reinstalled the tank and filled it with fuel. We had to wait nearly a week to fix the wire because the tank was far too heavy to try and drop with 33 gallons in it lol. We dropped the tank again this past Friday and repaired the damaged connector. Happy to say that everything works perfectly!
IMG_1660.jpeg
IMG_1662.jpeg
IMG_1669.jpeg
IMG_1741.jpeg
IMG_1670.jpeg
IMG_1809.jpeg

After the swap was finalized, I decided to spend a few hours cleaning up the truck and I took it out for a quick shoot!

IMG_1713.jpeg
IMG_1731.jpeg
IMG_1727.jpeg
IMG_1722.jpeg

John89

Reaction score
Finally managed to get the 33 gallon fuel tank swap knocked out! Thanks again to @John89 for the hookup on all of the parts!

The tank swap itself wasn’t too bad to do. Having an extra set of hands made the job considerably easier. We did manage to run into a small issue but I was glad that we were able to track down the problem and get it resolved quickly. Although we were super careful during the swap, we must have put slightly too much tension on the fuel pump harness. Doing so, caused the pin for the fuel level sensor to break inside the connector. Unfortunately, we were unaware of the issue until well after we had reinstalled the tank and filled it with fuel. We had to wait nearly a week to fix the wire because the tank was far too heavy to try and drop with 33 gallons in it lol. We dropped the tank again this past Friday and repaired the damaged connector. Happy to say that everything works perfectly!
View attachment 177454
View attachment 177455
View attachment 177458
View attachment 177459
View attachment 177460
View attachment 177461

After the swap was finalized, I decided to spend a few hours cleaning up the truck and I took it out for a quick shoot!

View attachment 177462
View attachment 177463
View attachment 177464
View attachment 177465
Niceeeee man! Was waiting to see this post

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is your company hiring? Man i have no idea how folks on here afford half the mods on their trucks. i guess im just poor :(
Hahaha I hear you on that! I've been very blessed with the collaborations and partners that I've had the opportunity to work with over the last few years. My truck wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today without their support.

Users who are viewing this thread