5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s home!

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
Picked up the new ride tonight!

First impressions are amazing, LOVE the interior. Will get some miles on it this weekend and will report back

Attachments

• EB2D9233-CC75-4C54-A733-476D7A120B55.jpeg
    EB2D9233-CC75-4C54-A733-476D7A120B55.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 202
  • DFC0A4E5-943B-4922-AD52-BAE72B0E0B40.jpeg
    DFC0A4E5-943B-4922-AD52-BAE72B0E0B40.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 204
  • 5A1B9FD9-7556-471A-B5C6-0D9259A3868F.jpeg
    5A1B9FD9-7556-471A-B5C6-0D9259A3868F.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 166

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice! I don't mind the white mono look at all, good choice! Hope you enjoy your Rebel as much as I enjoy mine!

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
Very nice! I don't mind the white mono look at all, good choice! Hope you enjoy your Rebel as much as I enjoy mine!

Thanks! Actually a white/black was dropped at the same time and parked right behind mine, I still prefer the mono look. I hope nobody else around thinks like me, having a white Laramie didnt exactly stand out in the crowd

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Very nice OP, hope to hear your thoughts after this weekend.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love seeing all these Rebels. You guys take real good care of them. I think I am going to want to pick one up used in about 2 years.

Give me lots of choices.

@farf02 grest looking truck. Keep us posted. (y)

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice truck I really like the white

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
Well, my wife drove it much more than I did, but from what I could tell:

The ride is impressive, with a 1” lift and luggy tires it still is tighter/smoother than my 17 Laramie

It’s quiet. I missed the Hemi bark when I had my ecodiesel, and was disappointed when this one didn’t do it. I was wrong, the truck is so well insulated you don’t notice, was behind when my wife fired it up, it’s still there

I must have missed reading about it, but the Rebel has cornering lights at night when you turn the wheel. It’s pretty neat!

Interior- simple awesome

Alpine stereo - I don’t understand anyone who thinks this system doesn’t sound excellent, this is the 5th one I have had, although I don’t think the highs are as crisp on the ‘19 (to be fair, I listen to Sirius 98% of the time) it is a fantastic factory system. Go listen to the base stereo on Ram, F150 & Silverado, FCA is miles ahead of the competition.

It handles more like a car

So far, I have zero complaints, other than getting 26 MPG with the eco I traded

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, my wife drove it much more than I did, but from what I could tell:

The ride is impressive, with a 1” lift and luggy tires it still is tighter/smoother than my 17 Laramie

It’s quiet. I missed the Hemi bark when I had my ecodiesel, and was disappointed when this one didn’t do it. I was wrong, the truck is so well insulated you don’t notice, was behind when my wife fired it up, it’s still there

I must have missed reading about it, but the Rebel has cornering lights at night when you turn the wheel. It’s pretty neat!

Interior- simple awesome

Alpine stereo - I don’t understand anyone who thinks this system doesn’t sound excellent, this is the 5th one I have had, although I don’t think the highs are as crisp on the ‘19 (to be fair, I listen to Sirius 98% of the time) it is a fantastic factory system. Go listen to the base stereo on Ram, F150 & Silverado, FCA is miles ahead of the competition.

It handles more like a car

So far, I have zero complaints, other than getting 26 MPG with the eco I traded
Thanks for a great initial report. I agree the Alpine is a great system. It’s not the base—which I had in my Gen IV, but rather, a second of three sytems offered. The turn lights are great. I had them on my Porsche Cayenne TT and can’t figure why they are not standard on our Audi.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your first impressions. The 5th gen seems to be a great “upgrade” over prior years. Like all new models, we will have some things that might need software updates (AC issues) or fixing (brake squeal) or other various minor inconviences, they should all hopefully get worked out for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread