5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues With Mud Flap / Mud Guards on Truck Bed

Leumas

Reaction score
Hi All,

Simple Question, Does anyone know the part number or a better replacement option for the read mud flaps?

The issue I have, is the factory over sized ones do not drain and a combination of ice and dirt froze, I think the weight caused some of the plastic clips to break, which made the flaps loose. They rub off some paint that needs to be fixed and now I need to find a more stabile option. In the mean time, I have drill drain holes in the bottom of the flap.

Anyone else have this issues?

Attachments

• Flap.jpg
    Flap.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5618.jpg
    IMG_5618.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5617.jpg
    IMG_5617.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 44

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I really like the ones I have.
1678728284954.png
2022-05-09 14.24.25.jpg 2022-05-09 14.24.40.jpg pic1.jpg

The hard plastic at the back is not part of the mud flap at all and is a differnet part number (came standard on my truck without mudflaps)

I believe it uses 2 push clips to hold itself in, and you can pull it right down if I recall.

Leumas

Reaction score
View attachment 154488
View attachment 154489 View attachment 154490 View attachment 154491

The hard plastic at the back is not part of the mud flap at all and is a differnet part number (came standard on my truck without mudflaps)

I believe it uses 2 push clips to hold itself in, and you can pull it right down if I recall.
They look so much cleaner, than what I have installed. Once I get the lower repaired, I'll have to switch to those.

On the inside of mine, there is a part that overlaps, with the bottom trim piece. The end of the bottom trims appears to lightly connect into the back of the flap area, where the water and dirt pool. Also they seem to share some attachment clip points. The clip points on the lower molding closest to the flap and the only ones, that didn't fail.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
View attachment 154488
View attachment 154489 View attachment 154490 View attachment 154491

how come when i look they are $165.00 a pair.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They look so much cleaner, than what I have installed. Once I get the lower repaired, I'll have to switch to those.

On the inside of mine, there is a part that overlaps, with the bottom trim piece. The end of the bottom trims appears to lightly connect into the back of the flap area, where the water and dirt pool. Also they seem to share some attachment clip points. The clip points on the lower molding closest to the flap and the only ones, that didn't fail.
The ones I have just use screws, the bottom hangs. It's like a hard rubber (plastic) material. It's not hard plastic like weathertech, but it's not flapping in the wind like 18 wheelers. I really like it.

I can take more pictures if you want.
I was really surprised with the quality. I always used the hard plastic ones in the past.

how come when i look they are $165.00 a pair.
Because I bought mine a year ago, think they were on-sale, prices change, generally things don't get cheaper with the way this country is going.
1678734110034.png

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
The ones I have just use screws, the bottom hangs. It's like a hard rubber (plastic) material. It's not hard plastic like weathertech, but it's not flapping in the wind like 18 wheelers. I really like it.

I can take more pictures if you want.
I was really surprised with the quality. I always used the hard plastic ones in the past.

Because I bought mine a year ago, think they were on-sale, prices change, generally things don't get cheaper with the way this country is going.
View attachment 154498
lol that makes more sense.

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
I had the Husky which is similar to the RAM and Weathertech flaps. I was getting a lot of road rash on the front part of the rear fenders and someone recommended the Gatorback flaps. Put them on and so far they’ve been great. I bought them from sharptruck.com. $210 for all 4 wheels. Had to take off the rear wheels to install them but still better than the other ones

Users who are viewing this thread