5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there traction control in 2wd mode?

NJT3

Reaction score
Quick question does Ram have traction control in 2wd mode? Looking at a Rebel without the auto 4wd mode and wondering if there is some limited traction control when 4wd hi/lock is NOT engaged... I'm think more of when in quick rain at highway miles speeds... If it's snowing I'll just put it in 4wd hi.. Also just thinking about driving elite in NJ in 2wd mode... Which fyi is always heavy traffic and bobbing and weaving in and out of lanes because out of staters drive slow in our 3rd or 4th left lanes...in NJ you need to jump like that or accelerate on a dime to change a lane or you're getting struck and where a traction control comes in handy even on dry roads.

Switching to good set of Michelin tires I'm sure will also help with grip... As well with stopping short.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes 2wd and 4wd high. 4wd low shuts them off. In 4wd high if you hold the traction control button til it dings they shut off. In 2wd if you push the traction control button it shuts off traction control. But stability control is still active

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Rebel in snowy NYS...no issues not having 4wd auto. Plenty of other vehicles on the road navigating fine without it. Do not let that deter you. If I do not like the road conditions from heavy rain I just use 4wd.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Traction control and ESC are required by law on all vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread