5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any good reason NOT to have rear wheelhouse liners?

nimbus

Reaction score
My new 1500 didn't include them and it just looks "unfinished" in the back. I assume I don't need to worry about what's being "exposed" by not having them but is there actually any good reason not to have them? I would like to add them. I have fender flares (it's a BTS) so I'm hoping it will be easy enough to add them. Thanks for any insights!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I didn’t have them and I mentioned that to my dealership. They ordered and put them on and I’ve been much happier with the looks and functionality in my opinion. Some will say you don’t need them especially for the cost, but mine were part of the deal so nothing out of my pocket ..

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you NEED them? No.

Is there a good reason NOT to have them (besides added cost)? Also no.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My new 1500 didn't include them and it just looks "unfinished" in the back. I assume I don't need to worry about what's being "exposed" by not having them but is there actually any good reason not to have them? I would like to add them. I have fender flares (it's a BTS) so I'm hoping it will be easy enough to add them. Thanks for any insights!
No.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d like to have them, clean up the look. At this time not going to pay what they want for them either....

highgear2005

Reaction score
It’s worth the price. They not only look good, but I like to think they add some level of protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparleo51

Reaction score
i think they are a must have as the older rams back in the day had them included, nowadays its a cost cutting part on fca, luckily mine had them, but if they didnt i wouldve bought them, they make the area look so much better and it might even help from things getting tossed from the tires itself.

RJS

Reaction score
Look up over the tires and you'll see a fair amount of primered metal exposed to rocks and other detritus that will be covered by the liners. I'd put them on my 19 Laramie the next day after I bought it.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since someone mentioned the older trucks having them figured I would chime in.

I have a 99 and 03 2500 both of which have them...i so wish DODGE would have not put them on standard. There is no way to spray off behind them and this led to rusted shackles, brake lime issues and bed rust.

I realize alot of you guys will only spend 3 years on avg with your RAM...but they hide alot of evil if you live in the salt states.

I took them off my 99 and now I can see what is going in in there and can spray off the new shackles I put on.

My 2015 Tradesman doesnt have them...or atleast they do not cover as much and that makes me happy.

If you dont have them...i would be glad.

Chris3058

Reaction score
My 2020 Reb - they were a FREE option - so I grabbed them. I get my truck Krown rustproofed yearly (just got it done) - and they soaked behind my liners and the underside - so no worries from me. Personally, i think the added protection from wheel spray / rocks / sand is worth it. My .02

cdn_cowboy

Reaction score
They are free here in Canada but you still have to actually select the option (no charge) which seemed odd since it seems like a no brainer?

Scram1500

Reaction score
I got mine from Rock Auto for about $50 per side, easy install and added protection, but worth it for looks alone. Also, the fronts have them so why not the rear?

Scram1500

Reaction score
I found the part numbers searching this forum and this walkwalk-through

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread