5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a major difference on the Rebel suspension???

jamesfg

Reaction score
I emailed Pro Comp to see if their 6" lift will work on my Rebel and get this crappy reply....

"Good Afternoon James,
Unfortunately we do not manufacture any products for the rebel nor do we plan to in the future. We spend too much time and money on our research and development of each kit to sell very little kits as not many people with the ram rebel are looking to install our kits. Thank you, Pro Comp Customer Support Team"

Other than the air suspension which I do not have and the truck being sprung 1" higher, what could be the difference between a non-Rebel 1500 and the Rebel???

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing. Zip. Zero. Nadda.

Misinformation and laziness, these are the curse of the Rebel owner. Most aftermarket suppliers assume the Rebel is still air ride only. I had to explain that to the parts dept at my dealership when I was trying to order a level kit.

Once the aftermarket catches up and realizes the Rebel now has the standard coil suspension you see it added to the list of 1500's acceptable for these parts.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Thanks man! I went so far today to a local dealership and crawled under a 1500 trying to see any visible differences. I had a feeling they were thinking back to the previous Rebel model years whereas a good portion had air ride and coupled with laziness. Guess Pro Comp won't be getting my money. I had a RC lift on the 09 Tundra and say what you want about RC but that lift did me good for 75,000 miles.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This company is going to produce a 6"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180822-121642_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180822-121642_Instagram.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20180822-121639_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180822-121639_Instagram.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 45

jamesfg

Reaction score
Fabtech is here in AZ and their lifts are extremely spendy. Like $3k spendy.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fabtech is here in AZ and their lifts are extremely spendy. Like $3k spendy.
Is that for a complete lift kit? The cheaper ones can reach $2k, so if it's high quality and lightweight materials... probably worth it?
:unsure:

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Procomp is making a standard and an air suspension compatible lift, as per my conversation with them late last week but has not yet started.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Procomp is making a standard and an air suspension compatible lift, as per my conversation with them late last week but has not yet started.

KJ, you saw my email convo with em. Due to their poop customer service I wont buy from them.

Users who are viewing this thread