5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the SRT Program Really Dead?

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
There has been a ton of rumors circulating about the fate of the SRT program. Stellantis has said the are "dispersing" SRT engineers throughout the company. What do you think that means? Do you think it means the SRT program is being dissolved? Or do you think that the team is being spread throughout the rest of the company to infuse SRT type ideas into other areas of the company?

The knee-jerk reaction has been that SRT is dead. I'd like to think that although Stellantis is a European company, they recognize that American taste in autos is different than in other parts of the world. My hope is that moving SRT engineers throughout the company will help drive innovation and styling. What say you?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I try not to be a pessimist but the current trend is "green", we are on a precipice of a downward spiral. Very soon we could be driving Chinese electric cars purchased from Amazon, unless our second Civil War or WW3 happens first

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
The Texas power grid situation certainly brings to the surface some of the challenges that still remain for a mass infusion of electric vehicles.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I'm hearing/reading more and more that the end of the V8 engines for RAM and Dodge will be 2023. If this comes to fruition, I think this will drive high demand for V8 vehicles over the next couple of years. I have no current plans to get rid of my current truck, but I would consider updating if I won't have a chance to purchase a V8 later on. This could also drive some pretty interesting vehicles to be produced over the next couple years. Looking forward to seeing the "baby TRX" that will not be supercharged and directly targets the Raptor.

Users who are viewing this thread