5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone update, CarPlay finally shows maps full time!!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all. I updated my iPhone last night and noticed that not only does CarPlay look wayyyy nicer on my 8.4N screen, but when you leave maps on your phone to check something it doesn’t take maps off your screen. Finally!!!

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
For Android Auto it comes up in the map by default with a couple of buttons below.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. I updated my iPhone last night and noticed that not only does CarPlay look wayyyy nicer on my 8.4N screen, but when you leave maps on your phone to check something it doesn’t take maps off your screen. Finally!!!
I like the new CarPlay split-screen view with icons, maps, and media all displayed at once. Unfortunately, that only works with Apple Maps. Google Maps still takes up the whole screen (plus icons, of course). Then again, I have the 12", so I can display media on my "other screen" below ;)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yep. This was introduced in iOS 13. Great feature. Been using this since the summer (on beta program).

Users who are viewing this thread