5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 12 Pro Max not wirelessly charging

coreytrx

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out what the problem is. I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max that won’t charge wirelessly. The red light comes on. If I log onto the phone and put it on the pad then the blue light will come on but a few seconds later the red light will be one. I’ve tried restarting the phone and they didn’t help. I also tried without the case and it still didn’t work. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

NorcalMike

Reaction score
Haven’t had that issue and have the same phone. I have the Apple leather case. Have you tried it without the case to see if that could be the problem?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out what the problem is. I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max that won’t charge wirelessly. The red light comes on. If I log onto the phone and put it on the pad then the blue light will come on but a few seconds later the red light will be one. I’ve tried restarting the phone and they didn’t help. I also tried without the case and it still didn’t work. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?
I have to orient mine with the top facing left, against the left side, with the top of the phone pushed down into the “gripper”. Then it charges and I can see the light.

This is while using an OtterBox Symmetry Plus (MagSafe compliant) case.

coreytrx

Reaction score
I tried without the case and turning it side ways. It didn’t work. It’s weird because I can get the blue light to come on first then it changes to red. I charge it on a wireless charger overnight so I know it will charge wirelessly.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried without the case and turning it side ways. It didn’t work. It’s weird because I can get the blue light to come on first then it changes to red. I charge it on a wireless charger overnight so I know it will charge wirelessly.
Mine will work for a while, but I honestly don’t think it provides enough juice, especially if I’m running wireless CarPlay the whole time. For road trips, I’d probably be better off just plugging in.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wireless chargers in Mopar vehicles seem to be trash. My truck and wife's Pacifica suck. They barely add charge and make the phone hot... seems like more energy is being wasted as heat than charging the battery.

NorcalMike

Reaction score
Mine seems to work fine once it’s charging. But usually have to put it in the holder to the left and slide the phone to the right to get it going. Not just drop it in. But I’ve had that with wireless chargers before

RossoWheelson

Reaction score
Exactly my experience. Slide it in on the left and then move it over a half inch so you have a clear view of the light. It is also a tight fit if you have a decent case on it. If the iPhone gets a few millimeters bigger next generation, hard to say if it will fit or charge.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
My 12 pro max seems to be very sensitive to position in the holder. Too far left it won't charge, too far right it won't charge .
It will only charge out of my case.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread