5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 13 copy/paste issues

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Since upgrading to IOS 13 I can’t seem to copy/paste any text or links into the forum. I’ve tried changing some settings around, rebooting, no luck. Anyone upgrade and having the same issue?

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Do a search on YouTube..I think they changed the way you do copy and paste now.

ill take a look. I can copy and paste between other apps/msgs/emails, same way as I always did, just not onto this forum. At first I thought maybe it was font color but it doesn’t appear to actually paste anything. I’ll report back if I figure it out

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ill take a look. I can copy and paste between other apps/msgs/emails, same way as I always did, just not onto this forum. At first I thought maybe it was font color but it doesn’t appear to actually paste anything. I’ll report back if I figure it out

Yeah, same here. I can copy no problem, but when you click paste it doesn’t paste anything. Doesn’t appear to be any issues anywhere else just on this forum.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Yeah, same here. I can copy no problem, but when you click paste it doesn’t paste anything. Doesn’t appear to be any issues anywhere else just on this forum.

I’ve tried a bunch of things and nothing works. It seems to be something specific with the way this forums software interacts with the iOS clipboard. It has worked in the other websites I’ve tried but not here. I’m guessing it has to be an issue on other websites/forums. The new iOS has copy/paste gesture features but I don’t think that has anything to do with this. Thanks for confirming it’s not just me!

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Figured it out...

Just perform a three-finger pinch to copy the selection. It’s like grabbing the text off the page.You can do the pinch anywhere on the page, not just over the text itself. And when you do, a small notification will appear, saying, “Copy.”

To paste, reverse the gesture. Make sure your text cursor is in a text field, and pinch out with three fingers. Your text will be pasted.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Figured it out...

Just perform a three-finger pinch to copy the selection. It’s like grabbing the text off the page.You can do the pinch anywhere on the page, not just over the text itself. And when you do, a small notification will appear, saying, “Copy.”

To paste, reverse the gesture. Make sure your text cursor is in a text field, and pinch out with three fingers. Your text will be pasted.

I can get the gesture to work in other apps but not this forum. Part of the problem might be that the three finger gesture on my phone, in the tiny text box, with my fingers, is not a good combo. I won’t be able to use gestures.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can get the gesture to work in other apps but not this forum. Part of the problem might be that the three finger gesture on my phone, in the tiny text box, with my fingers, is not a good combo. I won’t be able to use gestures.

First few times I tried it I was like wtf this s$&! doesn't work. Its really awkward at first and takes a little getting used to it, but your fingers don’t have to be in the text box, they can be anywhere on the screen. Only the cursor has to be in the text box where you want to paste. Good luck!

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Steve Jobs says you're holding it wrong. :p

There's a new 13.1 release coming in a couple of days, so things may change again.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't see this thread until now. Are you still having that issue? I just tried on my phone on IOS 13.3 and had no problem.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
These were bugs that got fixed on the latest release. I’ve been on iOS 13 beta testing since the summer, and it has been the buggiest iOS release ever from Apple. Thank goodness all the issues have been addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread