5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior overhead map lights and tailgate release no longer work on overhead console

Rkush

Reaction score
Work from home these days and don't drive the truck often but 2019 RAM Limited noticed interior lights no longer luminate when opening the doors or when pushing the button on the overhead console and yes, I've tried turning the light button on/off on the console. Also noticed the tailgate release on the same console no longer works as well. Add to the list of the leaking rear sliding window, the side mirrors not opening or closing and the leaky manifold gasket.

Reaction score
Work from home these days and don't drive the truck often but 2019 RAM Limited noticed interior lights no longer luminate when opening the doors or when pushing the button on the overhead console and yes, I've tried turning the light button on/off on the console. Also noticed the tailgate release on the same console no longer works as well. Add to the list of the leaking rear sliding window, the side mirrors not opening or closing and the leaky manifold gasket.
Had same problem with 2019 Laramie one month into ownership. Turns out that the drain on sunroof had been twisted and instead of water draining out of it, it was draining down inside of B pillar and got to wiring just inside the door and caused wire connection to rust. No interior upper console lights nor tailgate action. Took “water guy” at dealership about one hour to diagnose problem and technician about 2 hours to fix wiring.

drew7811

Reaction score

My 2019 Ram Laramie had the same issue last year. I took the overhead panel down and disconnected the wiring harness and re-connected it. My overhead console lights and tailgate release have been working since.

Users who are viewing this thread