5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Dome/Map lights

akflipper99

Reaction score
has anyone swapped the dome light and interior light out with an LED. if so, an you walk me through the removal process. I have a 2019 1500 Lonestar. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a thread about this, Do a search. Read through the whole thing though as some have had mixed results with the install. Some have popped the plastic lens off and replaced the light. Others, like myself, found it difficult to get the bulb seated so some opt to remove the whole assembly. To remove it, after getting the screws out, there is also a tab that has to be pressed, hence why I say to read through the whole thread because you can break it if you are not careful.

iupui1299

Reaction score
There is a thread about this, Do a search. Read through the whole thing though as some have had mixed results with the install. Some have popped the plastic lens off and replaced the light. Others, like myself, found it difficult to get the bulb seated so some opt to remove the whole assembly. To remove it, after getting the screws out, there is also a tab that has to be pressed, hence why I say to read through the whole thread because you can break it if you are not careful.

Thanks for the info. I did find the other info you mentioned. I have all the replacement bulbs, was hoping it was an easy job. Thanks again!

Akpilot

Reaction score
It is easy. Unscrew the two bolts inside the sunglass holder. There are to tabs to depress inside there as well then firmly pull down on the whole assembly. Make it easier on yourself by removing the two wiring harnesses. Then you can push the bulbs out from behind and pop the two bulbs in. Reattach the two harnesses pop assembly back in and replace two bolts. Should be a 15 min job.

iupui1299

Reaction score
It is easy. Unscrew the two bolts inside the sunglass holder. There are to tabs to depress inside there as well then firmly pull down on the whole assembly. Make it easier on yourself by removing the two wiring harnesses. Then you can push the bulbs out from behind and pop the two bulbs in. Reattach the two harnesses pop assembly back in and replace two bolts. Should be a 15 min job.
Thanks! Does the dome light come off easily as well?

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe all of the interior lights aren't LED from the factory. What's up with that?

Last edited:

Magblk75

Reaction score
Can someone please post up the type of led’s for all of the map lights? I’m looking to swap them out as well . Thanks guys

S

Smashy71

Thought I’d chime in since I was annoyed with the little to hardly any light in the interior. Didn’t pay attention when i bought the LED bulbs and now I have a blue interior. Haha! Changing that shlt out pronto.

Users who are viewing this thread