5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Air Freshener...

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone ever use a cedar plank for an air freshener?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

TheGoogleNinja

Reaction score
My preferred scent is...clean.

Seriously though, I drove full time Uber for a couple years and constantly was complimented for the way my car smelled, the distinct lack of smell really. 90% of the time I could attribute that to cleanliness. The other 10% of the time it was due to leather cleaner/conditioner that actually made the leather smell like...leather.

Most of that other crap people use for fragrance is just masking odor due to poor cleaning habits. Lol

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score

Seriously though, I drove full time Uber for a couple years and constantly was complimented for the way my car smelled, the distinct lack of smell really. 90% of the time I could attribute that to cleanliness. The other 10% of the time it was due to leather cleaner/conditioner that actually made the leather smell like...leather.

Most of that other crap people use for fragrance is just masking odor due to poor cleaning habits. Lol

Truer words have never been spoken.

flyfingers

Reaction score
Recently purchased a '13 Corolla for a run around town beater and it had a faint smoke smell in it. No one else could smell it but I did and it bothered me. Came across a bug bomb type smoke eliminator made by Arm & Hammer so for $5 I figured I'd give it a try. With windows up and A/C on high, you press the tab of the canister (think insecticide type bug bomb) and set it on console leaving car running for 15 mins. Holy crappola - don't ever use one of these in your car. My car now smells like a cross between a flowers, baby diapers, and a scented candle. Nasty. I've since poured 3 lbs of baking soda on the carpets, a bag of some volcanic rocks, sprayed vinegar everywhere and have 2 fans running 24/7 with windows down trying to get rid of the smell. But hey, I don't smell smoke anymore. Should've gone with the cedar plank idea!

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Anyone ever use a cedar plank for an air freshener?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. Have you? Interested in hearing how this works.

I do have a cedar lined linen closet in the hall of the house though. It does give the towels a nice light scent.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i use drift goods, they give you little pieces of wood that mount to your visor that have all natural stuff in them to make them smell good, its a subscription. i do $8 every two months and they send me a new one every 2 months. i have a 50% off if anyone wants to try it

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i use drift goods, they give you little pieces of wood that mount to your visor that have all natural stuff in them to make them smell good, its a subscription. i do $8 every two months and they send me a new one every 2 months. i have a 50% off if anyone wants to try it

I'm generally not a fan of subscriptions but this looks like what OP was thinking about, though it's probably scent infused wood? for $4 for a try, I'd give it a shot, feel free to DM me

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind giving it a shot!

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
http://i.refs.cc/wKbdFNNX
here you go guys, this is a referral link for 50% off your first order. I've tried a few scents so far and they all seem to last around 2 months, so that's the frequency i'd recommend. If you want to continue subscribing to them, there's a lot of 50% off codes out there from guys with big social media pages etc that sponsor them so im sure you could find some more coupon codes if you dont want to spend the full $8 every two months.

so far my favorite scent has been cedar, i just had the grove (orange spice) one sent this order, it should be here any day

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Couldn’t agree with you anymore. I have never and would never use an air freshener. They mask odors and once you introduce one into the vehicle it’s always lingers. I detailed cars on the side years ago and the air fresheners people used were gross. Keep the inside windows clean and the interior in general and you never need anything. The clean smell of a leather interior is the best.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree with you anymore. I have never and would never use an air freshener. They mask odors and once you introduce one into the vehicle it’s always lingers. I detailed cars on the side years ago and the air fresheners people used were gross. Keep the inside windows clean and the interior in general and you never need anything. The clean smell of a leather interior is the best.
i wish i had leather, otherwise i wouldnt use air fresheners either lol im not a big fan of the "new car smell" thats just a bunch of toxic odors from plastic vinyl etc

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mMMmmm VOC's hahah, love it and hate that I love it.

Malco leather conditioner is my current smell, that's the best scent next to the smell of clean air

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i wish i had leather, otherwise i wouldnt use air fresheners either lol im not a big fan of the "new car smell" thats just a bunch of toxic odors from plastic vinyl etc
Nothing beats new car smell to me. I love all the toxic fumes! I keep my windows up on all new vehicles just to make it last.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
"Everybody loves their own brand."

This is a flatus reference.

Joking aside, the lack of smell is what I prefer.

Reactions: MJP

Burnzie

Reaction score

I'm a clean freak, and the wife's Challenger ( that she smokes in Reeks, although she can't smell it) even after I detail it, so I put dryer sheets under the seats and it really helps .

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a clean freak, and the wife's Challenger ( that she smokes in Reeks, although she can't smell it) even after I detail it, so I put dryer sheets under the seats and it really helps .
I do this in the air vents in my house, everyone’s always telling me it smells so clean LOL

cervelo15

Reaction score
I got one of those little bags that have bamboo charcoal in it that absorbs odors.

Im curious about this having a dog and a 7 year old.....where did you put it? Under the seat?

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Change your cabin air filter.

i went with k&n so that it can be cleaned but there are other after market brands that are scented

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Im curious about this having a dog and a 7 year old.....where did you put it? Under the seat?

I don't have a dog or kids so I just leave it on my floor in front of the rear console but yes you could put it under your seat.

Users who are viewing this thread