5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Rebel read

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like what they said in beginning.

a number of off-road trails, which have a mix of obstacles replicating “real-world” trails

They look like real trails to me:LOL:

Believemeustink

Reaction score
I really like the Rebel for a few reasons the off-road package being native to the vehicle trim, also led lighting being native, as well. Having the trailer hitch by default and the black badging emblems.

My problem is these attributes can be had in the big horn trim if i do a custom build for a slightly economical price.

The question I keeping asking myself is, do I really need the off-road package? I live in the southeast Michigan area and our winters can be extremely tough.

It also doesn't help that this will be my first full-size pickup truck, so I'm not sure how I can even answer this question before purchasing.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the Rebel for a few reasons the off-road package being native to the vehicle trim, also led lighting being native, as well. Having the trailer hitch by default and the black badging emblems.

My problem is these attributes can be had in the big horn trim if i do a custom build for a slightly economical price.

The question I keeping asking myself is, do I really need the off-road package? I live in the southeast Michigan area and our winters can be extremely tough.

It also doesn't help that this will be my first full-size pickup truck, so I'm not sure how I can even answer this question before purchasing.

I went from a 2002 Dakota 4x4 to a 2016 Rebel... within the first few days I felt just as, or more confident, than being in my Dakota. So don't second guess the size, it rides like a car.

As for the 4x4 offroad package... it's as much form as function. The Rebel is a distinct package, thats the major difference, shocks and tires are the minor difference to the other offroad offerings.

Believemeustink

Reaction score
I went from a 2002 Dakota 4x4 to a 2016 Rebel... within the first few days I felt just as, or more confident, than being in my Dakota. So don't second guess the size, it rides like a car.

As for the 4x4 offroad package... it's as much form as function. The Rebel is a distinct package, thats the major difference, shocks and tires are the minor difference to the other offroad offerings.

I see you're from Canada how does the Rebel hold up to your winters? In comparison to your previous Dakota experience

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see you're from Canada how does the Rebel hold up to your winters? In comparison to your previous Dakota experience

The obvious differences are weight and wheelbase. The Dakota was better in a corner... but thats it. The Rebel chews up winter roads. Highly recommended, if you don't get air ride. Anyone living in sub-zero temps should get lifetime warranty if they plan on keeping an air ride Ram longer than 3 years.

bigivey

Reaction score
Bought and picked up my 2019 Rebel yesterday (traded in a 2016 that I absolutely loved).... picked it up at 4pm, drove it for an hour and a half, went to dinner, went home, camera stopped working. screen just went black. this morning, nothing. mid morning, nothing. got in the car just now to grab some lunch, it's working again. Called the dealer, talked to the service manager, and have zero confidence they know what to do to really and truly fix it.... but got the impression it's not for a lack of trying to figure it out with other similar complaints.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 17

Bwarren2

Reaction score

I would certainly hope you felt more confident in a Rebel than the Dakota!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, sliiiiight exaggeration. Those of us who have been in contact with Ramcares and uConnect support staff are aware of an upcoming update to the software. Major update it may or may not be, but fingers crossed it is and all the little electronic gremlins are addressed.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would certainly hope you felt more confident in a Rebel than the Dakota!
Actually, that Dakota (2002, 4.7l, 4x4 SLT) was quite capable in winter and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit more in control than any full size Ram. Just based on power/weight, wheel base etc.

Users who are viewing this thread