5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instrument panel lights stay on draining battery

Alfredo

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie. The display on instrument panel stays on draining my battery. I have had to jump it to start it.

Please help resolve issue.

Thanks

Amazing93

Reaction score
Do you have any type of device plugged into your OBD port?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you use a tazer dt?

Alfredo

Reaction score
I noticed it a few months back when i had a usb charger plugged in and after 3 days battery was dead, i learned from that to unplug anything. Ram logo on instrument panel stays on.

nightedition574

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 1500 etorque night edition and have multiple instances where I had to jump start the truck in the 3 months I have owned it. Took it to a mechanic shop that said nothing was draining the battery. It would still die. Took it to a Dodge dealership and they did a few updates and mentioned changing out the multifunction switch (blinker and windshield wiper control) if the start logo randomly turns on which drains the battery. Swapped out the part and hope that will fix the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread