5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IHC 5/3 drop kit issues

Cserk2015

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the IHC 3/5 drop and cut kit that I can’t figure out why my rear end is squeaking like two rabbits 🐇 ****ing on an old bed 🛌 is anyone else having this issue ? I’ve had the rear suspension looked at 2 times now after installation trying to find the issue! the sound is coming from the springs and springs alone I’m just wondering if I’m the only one and if anyone else has had similar issues and if anyone can think of remedies for it IMG_4173.jpeg IMG_3963.jpeg IMG_3903.jpeg IMG_3870.jpeg IMG_3869.jpeg IMG_3868.jpeg IMG_3896.jpeg IMG_4171.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a bunch of possibilities. Something could be installed improperly, a spring isolator could be missing, a bushing could be making the noise, etc. What rear control arms did you install?

gearhead321

Reaction score
I had a squeaking issue with mine also. Sounded like the springs. But I narrowed it down to the sway bar links. I pulled mine apart and greased the small metal tube that runs through the bushings. Easy way to find out is to just loosen the nuts and bolts on the links, then jounce the rear end. Hope this helps.

Cserk2015

Reaction score
I had a squeaking issue with mine also. Sounded like the springs. But I narrowed it down to the sway bar links. I pulled mine apart and greased the small metal tube that runs through the bushings. Easy way to find out is to just loosen the nuts and bolts on the links, then jounce the rear end. Hope this helps.
That was perfect I took them out greased them and fixed the issue thanks man !

Users who are viewing this thread