5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had to order a new truck today...

carhartt61

Reaction score
Hello, I'm brand new here and could really use some advice. I need to replace 6 old beat up survey trucks before MN construction season gets rolling. I know we will be doing plain white 4x4 company trucks. I also know we want the bigger crew cabs with a V8, Intergrated Bluetooth and the skidplate protection package. I've spent a few hours using the build&price tool which shows me my net price being from 39K to 42K depending on which length of box and whether I go Classic or Non Classic. Keeping in mind these trucks will be out in the dirt all summer, and I don't really care about the box length. Which would you choose and why? Anyone care to guess how much longer the classics will be built? Thank you for your time.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I'm brand new here and could really use some advice. I need to replace 6 old beat up survey trucks before MN construction season gets rolling. I know we will be doing plain white 4x4 company trucks. I also know we want the bigger crew cabs with a V8, Intergrated Bluetooth and the skidplate protection package. I've spent a few hours using the build&price tool which shows me my net price being from 39K to 42K depending on which length of box and whether I go Classic or Non Classic. Keeping in mind these trucks will be out in the dirt all summer, and I don't really care about the box length. Which would you choose and why? Anyone care to guess how much longer the classics will be built? Thank you for your time.
I would say the classics will be done by 2020 at least the 1500's.

Docholliday

Reaction score
It depends. If you need, or may use or may have to use the full size 8 foot box, nothing replaces that. Otherwise you have to run around with the endgate down and things hanging out.

You can find a lot of 2018s that are drastically reduced in price but carry full factory warranties. I know of one dealer up in Northern Idaho, who lists a lot of 2018s, you can look and price what you want there.

Users who are viewing this thread