5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identifying Accessory Lighting Wire

Morff

Reaction score
Hey ,

Im new to this forum. Just got me a 2019 ram 2500 Diesel Crew cab LB and Im adding some lights under the running board; and it came with a white wire that I can tie into dome light which will turn the lights white when I open the door. I removed the third brake Light which is also wired to the dome light on the inside. I found that the wire is white with a tan stripe on it. I was wondering if anyone new were I can locate that wire new the steering column or in the hood. I was told It would be easier to just tap off the dome light but I don't want to take down the roof felt and all that. I was trying to find it under the column or somewhere near the fuse box where it's easier to tap into, any help would be greatly appreciated.

sandrinm68

Reaction score
On my 1500, I tied in under the drivers door rocker panel cover. Not sure if the same on yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread